Software Engineer - Front End
Create software that changes how people work - from the top of the world!
About MDCN Tromsø
Welcome to Microsoft Development Center Tromsø! The world’s northernmost development office in Microsoft. Our office is located in the city center and we’ve been around since early 2000. Today, we are 52 employees across three groups (Graph and Profile Services, Tenant Wide Search, and Office People), and we are growing and always looking for new talent.
What we do and where we are going
Since the very birth of modern large-scale search systems, Tromsø has played a key part in delivering advanced distributed systems across the globe. First as part of Fast Search & Transfer back in early 2000, and now delivering services and experiences to millions of users as part of the Office365 cloud suite. The Tromsø office has evolved to become a full-stack office working on everything from developing big data analytics to building the latest-and-greatest people experiences in Office365.
Our team and partner teams in Norway are responsible for people and profile experiences for both enterprise and consumer users. We are currently working on renewing and re-building the whole stack, deploying new features on a weekly basis across the globe.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Who we are looking for
Coding excellence, architectural soundness, and beautiful canvases are all dear to our hearts. We hope you can add to our skills in these areas and join us in working with the most demanding customers around the world!
We are looking for highly motivated people who are energized by working in a team and have a true passion for creating remarkable software.
- Rapidly prototype and develop web user interfaces.
- Integrate the user interfaces with the underlying stack.
- Drive improvements in usability and interactivity.
- Participate and work closely with (interaction) designers to implement the best possible user experience for our customers.
- Follow the fast pace of the community to leverage best web development practices.
Desired background and skills:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Strong coding skills.
- General experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Strong attention to detail and solid communication skills.
- An inclusive culture that values diversity and rewards innovation and experimentation.
- Excellent career opportunities within Microsoft.
- Learning and insight into how the world’s largest software company develops products.
- A continued focus on research with close ties to external research projects.
- Unique training resources from a huge internal catalog.
- A chance to learn from and collaborate with talented co-workers – both locally and across the globe.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Modern facilities and great food from our own in-house chef.
- Lots of fun social activities.