We aim to build a world-class Cyber Resilience team in VARD
- Vard Group AS
- Head of Maritime Cyber Resilience Operations
We aim to build a world-class Cyber Resilience team in VARD.
What:To ensure cyber resilience for, and deliver commercial value to VARD - The leading organization of the green and technological transition in maritime operations.
How: Cyber Resilience achieved through the capability to withstand an attack, to operate while under attack, and with the ability to recover from an attack.
In that respect, we have a new and exciting opening - Head of Maritime Cyber Resilience Operations.
Are you curious and passionate about all things that are security and technology related? Do you see the importance of people as a resource and crafting efficient processes in achieving our security goals? Do you also have a particular interest in the maritime industry and are ready to take on a thrilling new cyber challenge?
Don't hesitate to contact us!
About the role
The Head of Maritime Cyber Resilience Operations will play a vital role in shaping the cyber resilience of our shipbuilding value chain and our vessels. This key managerial role, will oversee a wide range of critical responsibilities, ensuring that our organization remains at the forefront of cybersecurity in the maritime industry.
The role will support in developing cyber resilient vessels that are built in accordance with industry best practices. It will also have a functional responsibility for the coordination of cyber resilient maritime digital products across all VARD geographies.
The role will report to the Vice President Cybersecurity.
Some key areas of focus:
- Ensure the successful implementation of cybersecurity notations in VARD vessel projects across all VARD geographies:
- Coordinate cybersecurity activities through the class notation processes
- Work closely with our vessel project managers and facilitate seamless collaboration between various stakeholders involved
- Ensure that cybersecurity considerations are integrated at every stage of the shipbuilding process
- Support in budgeting processes, cost calculations, and estimation of economic impact and return on security investment (ROSI) as applicable
- Support the entities involved in all design phases regarding the ships' cyber postures
- Develop and maintain methodologies and tools for the assessment of vessel cybersecurity risks
- Staying up to date on cybersecurity requirements and ensure that VARD and its subsidiaries adapt to applicable standards
- Build and nurture a robust relationship between VARD entities, fostering collaboration and understanding between all maritime cybersecurity stakeholders
- Supporting in evaluating VARD’s supply chain network regarding cybersecurity posture
- Supporting our sales and project teams, providing expert insights into our cybersecurity capabilities and helping our customers understand the significant value of our cyber resilience commercial offerings
Who are you?
Below we suggest a few areas of your expertise, but we like to be challenged.Let us know why your set of skills are the right ones for us!
- Relevant higher education is preferred, however demonstrated work experience can replace education
- Demonstrated experience with team management and coordination of complex and timely activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant maritime regulations and frameworks such as IMO, IACS, class societies, maritime administrations, etc.
- Knowledge of OT (Operational Technology) architectures includingmaritime applications
- Ability to explore market potentials and identify new commercial opportunities
- General knowledge of information security domains, such as governance, security program development and management, security and risk management, security architecture and engineering, identity and access management, security assessment and operations, and incident response management.
- General knowledge of relevant security and information frameworks, such as IEC 62443, ISO/IEC 27000, NIST, ITIL, COBIT, etc.
- General knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK, MITRE D3FEND, Cyber Kill Chain, SANS Pyramid of Pain, and OWASP methodologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of AGILE working methodologies
- Fluently in English (both written and spoken)
We see that you are a team player and appreciate the value of solving problems together with other stakeholders. And still, you are self driven and independent. You have a clear and open communication style and can easily communicate your message to groups and different levels in the organization.
The position may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority (NSM)
Why choose us?
We are constantly developing our team to fit the expectations and needs of VARD. For the right candidate we offer an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and hands-on Cybersecurity Team, working closely with VARD business stakeholders, Fincantieri Cybersecurity Team, and the best information security vendors out there. You will be challenged to work hard, and you will be supported to reach your full potential.
- Positive benefit package
- Competitive pension scheme and insurance package
- Flexible work from home policy
- Central office location and free parking
Join our mission to secure maritime operations; protecting the business, our employees, our customers, and our partners by securing the information entrusted to us.
World leaders in offering the best marine engineering solutions, we are the only shipbuilders who can conceive, design and construct all types of extremely complex ships, from cruise vessels to mega yachts, naval vessels and high-tech offshore units. Every ship is a unique, state-of-the-art, highly complex and innovative product, a symbol of our culture and the result of the excellence of sound engineering expertise. Innovation, research, technology, quality and 230 years of experience, through which Fincantieri has played a crucial role in the Italian Navy's history.
We are proud of our active participation in all the segments with the most potential, and although our roots are in Italy, we are present around the globe with sites and infrastructure on four continents. We are part of a global network that brings together the work and the expertise of thousands of people who all have different skills, experiences and ambitions. With people of substance, whose value we recognize.
- Skansekaia 2, 6002 Ålesund
- Industri og produksjon,
- Maritim og offshore,
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations,
- IT utvikling / OCCUPATION_ITDEVELOP,
- IT utvikling / IT-sikkerhet
|Sist endret||18. nov. 2023 12:01|