Shearwater careers: Time to make your own waves
- Shearwater GeoServices
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As a global provider of marine seismic data, imaging products and data processing software, our teams offer unparalleled acquisition capability to our clients; providing them with the tools they need to de-risk their exploration and maximise their production efficiency.
To mirror this, we offer an unparalleled environment for our employees, one that encourages growth and inclusiveness and where everyone feels valued.
We partner with energy companies to find the natural resources the world needs today, as well as to provide subsurface monitoring and site surveys for energy transition applications, as efficiently and safely as possible.
This is a fantastic time to join Shearwater as we expand our teams to meet the seismic exploration challenges of the future.
Our Research, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams have decades of experience generating industry game-changing technologies.
We know the vital role developing cutting-edge technology plays in geophysics - both for today’s natural resource needs and as well as energy transition initiatives for the future.
Our team at the Shearwater Technology and Innovation Center at Høvik collaborates with internal and external teams around the world to create best-in-class results.
The role of a Senior Embedded Software Engineer offers you the opportunity to become part of our product development team and take responsibility for developing and testing embedded software.
Duties and responsibilities
• Deliver functional software according to Project Requirements
- Work with the project team to develop user stories and ensure they are realistic and achievable
- Design, develop & test software code
- Adhere to the development process (test driven development, continuous integration and software management)
• Develop test software for PCBA manufacturing and/or qualification testing
• Write and review technical documentation
• Plan for and participate in lab and field tests
• Mentor new team members within the discipline
• Promote use of new technology, tools and processes when relevant
Education and experience
• Master of Science in electronics/software development. A Bachelor degree may be accepted as long as significant practical experience in the field of embedded software development can be demonstrated
• Minimum 5 years of experience with embedded software development
• Strong technical understanding of software design as well as the interaction between hardware and software
• Significant programming experience
• Proficiency in C, C++ or LabView
• Good understanding of electronics schematics
• Good understanding of software version control systems.
• Knowledge about communication protocols e.g. SDIO (for EMMC), Uart, I2C, SPI
• Experience with Python, Embedded Linux and Unit testing, e.g. Google mock/test, is an advantage
• Strong technical writing skills, experience in developing and reviewing documentation
• Experience of working in cross-functional teams
• Possess positive attitude and interpersonal skills to work efficiently with staff at all levels, and to manage stakeholders
• Good spoken and written English
• Strong problem-solving skills
What does Shearwater offer employees?
• The chance to work in one of the world’s most exciting industries. From acquisition to image processing and research & development, our people innovate collaboratively from sensor to image - a continuous loop between people and technology
• Working with highly driven, skilled, and dedicated colleagues, both on and offshore
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A culture of transparency and freedom which allows our people to develop in an environment that encourages progression
• A commitment to being the best and finding people who share this vision
Curious? Perfect. We all have that in common.
Shearwater careers: Time to make your own waves
Shearwater is a financially strong full service geophysical company owned by Rasmussengruppen, GC Rieber Shipping and Schlumberger. Our main focus is to provide high level service to our clients, meeting high standards of quality in both what we do and how we deliver it.
We have offices around the world, a modern fleet of 23 powerful vessels, including three OBS MPVs and two dedicated source vessels complete with modern technology. We provide in-house processing and imaging product, and data processing software. Together with the technology and manufacturing we are a cutting-edge geophysical company. Our Company is an equal opportunities employer and we are looking for people who can identify themselves with our culture of being safe, inclusive, respectful, dynamic and ambitious
- VERITASVEIEN 1, 1363 Høvik
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Subsea
LaView, Programming, Software, Electronics, Embedded
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Daniella Småbrekke
- Senior HR Generalist Norway
- Aslaug Melbø
- Program Manager
VERITASVEIEN 1, 1363 Høvik
|Sist endret||21. sep. 2022 14:50|