Electrify your career with our graduate program
- Nexans Norway AS
- Graduate Engineer
Nexans’ submarine power cables are key in the transition to more renewable energy whether connecting islands to the mainland or bringing green energy from the offshore wind farm to the grid. In cooperation with our worldwide customers, we push technological boundaries to go deeper, longer, at higher voltages from fabrication to turn-key solutions for installation and preservation to meet any future needs.
Subsea & Land Systems (SLS) is a global player in engineering, manufacturing, and installing key submarine cable solutions to customers all over the world. The Business Group has manufacturing plants in Halden, USA, Japan, France, and Belgium
Graduating during 2021? This is your opportunity to electrify your future!
Our SLS Business Group in Norway is recruiting for Graduate Engineers to join our Oslo/Halden team from August 2021.
Our heritage in Norway is in the electrification engineering disciplines where we are applying our multi-disciplinary skillset towards electrifying the future. As such, we are seeking talented students with a desire to support the fast-moving development of projects in the renewable industries. We are technology driven and need the next generation of engineers with both an innovation attitude and imagination to realise our ambitious goals.
Our graduate engineers will embark on a 36-month training program where they will grow under the close guidance of the senior engineers and managers. This program will take you from R & D, Fabrication, Project Management & Offshore Installation. The program will include classroom, digital and practical learning in developing, engineering, designing, constructing, and installing our world leading products. The Nexans training program, practical experience and close mentoring shall support and enable the technical and personal development of the Graduate Engineer and allow them to apply advanced electrical engineering and management techniques in a wide range of challenges.
Areas of responsibility:
- Get taught how to perform research, design, analysis.
- Participate in further enhancement of in-house products, tools, and programs.
- Join the team in project planning and execution of worldwide projects.
- Gain access to Nexans large network of personal and technical developmental resources, programs and oppourtunities.
- Showcase your ability to learn quickly and correctly, being flexible and adaptable in acquiring the Nexans specialist skillset.
- Get onboarded with the department team and project team, before gaining exposure to our suppliers, and eventually our clients.
- Learn and contribute to Nexans engineering methodology and high technical standards.
- Enthusiastically participate in workshops and training lectures.
- Build a strong understanding of Nexans business model, products, and services.
- The Graduate Engineers will rotate within 4 departments in Nexans consisting of approximately 500 world class engineers.
Requested Competencies and Qualifications:
- Master’s in electrical engineering, energy, mechanical, marine or physics and mathematics.
- Some experience from working in technical environments is beneficial.
- Have ability to communicate technical matters in different environments.
- Fluency in Norwegian (preferred) and in English, written and oral.
Nexans Norway has 1,600 employees and is part of the Nexans Group which has 26,000 employees and industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide. The Norwegian HQ is located in Oslo and we have manufacturing plants in Rognan, Langhus, and Halden. Nexans’ Norwegian activity is divided into three business groups: Submarine & Land Systems (SLS), Building & Territories and Telecom (B&T&T), and Telecom and Data (T&D).
| UNITED | DEDICATED | PIONEERS |
Nexans Norway AS is a leading supplier of power, telecommunications, installations and heating cables in Norway, and is among the world’s leading manufacturers of offshore control cables and high-voltage submarine cable solutions. The company’s head office is in Oslo, and it has manufacturing plants at Rognan, Langhus and Halden. The company has 1,600 employees and is a part of the Nexans Group which has an industrial presence in 34 countries and commercial activities worldwide. Nexans employs more than 26,000 people and is listed on the Paris stock exchange. More information on www.nexans.com.
Graduate, Engineer, Electrification
|Sist endret||22. apr. 2021 17:45|