To strengthen our Technical Support organisation in the company's headquarters in Bergen, Norway we are now looking for an ambitious Mechanical Support Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. From the office in Bergen we are handling operational and technical support to our fleet of seismic research vessels operating world-wide.
• Maintain an awareness of the need for the highest quality and safety standards in the Mechanical department and ensure that quality performance, products and services are provided to our Clients.
• Ensure that field/departmental procedures are developed accordingly.
• Monitor technical and operational field performance relevant to your department, including quality of deliverables.
• Participate in, and supervise the planning, installation and shakedown of equipment in the field.
• Provide technical support and Contract review assistance to marketing and sales efforts.
• Process and assist with follow up on procurement of required field equipment.
• Follow up logistics handling, inventory and asset management systems covering field units.
• Technical support to the operations group onshore / offshore on a day to day basis..
• Maintain professional specialist skills and provide technical support within mechanical engineering and equipment.
Education, skills and experience:
• Education, degree in Mechanics, Engineering or Automation.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant field experience in operation, repair and maintenance of seismic systems.
• Ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
• Good social and team skills
• Commitment to QHSE
• Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English being the working language.
• Some travel will be expected
• Experience and user knowledge of CAD programs and OrcaFlex or similar, considered an advantage.
We are looking for a candidate who can relate to our culture of being safe, respectful, inclusive, dynamic and ambitious. You will be a team player, with a positive and commercial-minded «can do» attitude. You have the ability to build good relations within the organization, and have a strong sense of integrity.
We can offer:
• A challenging and demanding role in a growing company within the Seismic industry
• A global opportunity
• Headquarters in Bergen
• Competitive conditions
Established as a joint venture by GC Rieber Shipping and Rasmussengruppen, Shearwater GeoServices is a financially secure seismic exploration company with strong supportive owners. Our main focus is to provide superior geophysical services to our clients, meeting high standards of quality in both what we do and how we deliver it.
Shearwater is a new and innovative global provider of 3D marine seismic data, imaging products and data processing software. Our fleet of modern purpose built vessels lead the industry with their towing capabilities. Our proprietary seismic processing software, Reveal, has been entirely developed in the 21st century and is the most modern, highly interactive, efficient and user friendly platform for all aspects of processing and imaging in the market. Our Company is an equal opportunities employer, for more information see our web page www.shearwatergeo.com