Senior consultant doctor in Digestive medicine, Gastroenterology
- Østfold Hospital (Sykehuset Østfold HF)
- Senior consultant doctor in Digestive medicine, Gastroenterology
We are looking for a senior consultant doctor in digestive medicine to join a busy, yet supportive environment of Østfold Hospital. The position is subordinate to the Department of Gastroenterology.
The Department of Gastroenterology is an independent department under the Division of Medicine, Østfold Hospital. Division of Medicine is organized in the following departments: Neurology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Acute Medicine, and Pulmonary Medicine. We are responsible for delivering services in accordance with the mission document from South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and conduct our work in accordance with their vision of "good and equal health services to everyone who needs them, when they need them, regardless of age, place of residence, ethnic background, gender and finances".
As a senior consultant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the provision of excellent gastroenterology care, endoscopies, ERCP, liver disease, IBD, outpatient clinics and admin sessions, making a significant impact on patient well-being in the community. We hope to establish endoscopic ultrasound as part of our service in the coming 1-2 years.
As a result of the national screening programme for bowel cancer, the department has seen a particular increase in colonoscopies. Developments in the field also mean that an increasing proportion of polyp removals will take place at our outpatient clinic. There are good opportunities for extra work in connection with an increasing need for scopy examinations, and the department has an established arrangement for this. In addition to the outpatient clinic, the department has a ward with 18 beds, and rounds are therefore an important part of the tasks. The activity is divided between approximately 2,200 admissions and 10,000 outpatient contacts annually (including nurse-run outpatient clinics).
Main duties of the job
- The ability to perform all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower GI Endoscopy
- Participate in the development of the gastroenterology service, treatment protocols and guidelines and the greater knowledge in the management of gastroenterology conditions
- Comply with all relevant Trust Policies and Procedures
- Support other employees with their continuing educational needs and personal development
Person specification, Professional qualifications
- Norwegian authorization as a doctor, preferably specialization in Gastroenterology
- Willingness and ability to learn Norwegian (the working language is Norwegian)
- Motivated for professional development
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the specialty
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Professional challenges in one of the country's largest specialist hospitals
- Exciting development opportunities and support for research
- Good Insurance schemes
- Pension scheme
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included on the applicant list.
We ask all applicants to attach documentation of education and certificates of work experience, which must be in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English. This is to document qualifications that appear in the CV.
The hospital practices an inclusive working life and follows up on the government's inclusion initiative. This means that we welcome qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, disability, different national or ethnic backgrounds and candidates who for various reasons cannot document a continuous professional career.
KontaktinformasjonOve Johnny Laupstad, Head of department Gastroenterology, +47 91596145, Ove.Laupstad@so-hf.no
Nøkkelinformasjon:Arbeidsgiver: Sykehuset Østfold HF
- Kalnesveien 300, 1714 Grålum
- Helsepersonell, Lege
- Sist endret
- 23. nov. 2023 02:05