Senior consultant in Endocrinology
- Østfold Hospital (Sykehuset Østfold HF)
- Senior consultant in Endocrinology
This is an exciting opportunity to gain or extend your clinical experience of Endocrinology in the unique and supportive environment of Østfold Hospital. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the profession and who wants to be part of the process of developing Østfold Hospital further.
The Department of Geriatrics and Endocrinology is an independent department under the Division of Medicine, Østfold Hospital. Division of Medicine is organized in the following departments: Neurology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Acute Medicine, and Pulmonary Medicine. We are responsible for delivering services in accordance with the mission document from South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and conduct our work in accordance with their vision of "good and equal health services to everyone who needs them, when they need them, regardless of age, place of residence, ethnic background, gender and finances".
- Patient treatment, including assessment of endocrinological issues, diabetic patients and assessment of obesity.
- Training of health personnel, internal training and external training in relation to the municipalities.
- Training of health personnel regarding information for patients and relatives.
- Major diagnostic groups are diabetes mellitus, metabolic disorders, pituitary disorders and morbid obesity.
- We are well advanced in video consultations.
You will be an important member of the diabetes team. There are currently eight diabetes nurses employed in the department. You will be responsible for individual consultations, wound treatment, insulin pump and GMC treatment. It is an open and pleasant environment with great collaboration between the professions. In 2022, the outpatient clinic had approximately 8,600 consultations.
It is anticipated that there will be significant evolution of the service, particularly in the early years. All members of the team will be expected to have a flexible approach to the necessary service changes.
Main duties of the job
- Assessment of referrals
- Contact with primary care physician for conferencing
- Support other employees with their continuing educational needs and personal development
Person Specification, Professional qualifications
- Norwegian authorization as a doctor, preferably specialization in endocrinology
- Willingness and ability to learn Norwegian (the working language is Norwegian)
- Motivated for professional development
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the specialty
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Professional challenges in one of the country's largest specialist hospitals
- Exciting development opportunities and support for research
- Good Insurance schemes
- Pension scheme
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included on the applicant list.
We ask all applicants to attach documentation of education and certificates of work experience, which must be in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English. This is to document qualifications that appear in the CV.
The hospital practices an inclusive working life and follows up on the government's inclusion initiative. This means that we welcome qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, disability, different national or ethnic backgrounds and candidates who for various reasons cannot document a continuous professional career.
ContactsAstrid Eri-Montsma, Head of departments Endocrinology, Geriatric Medicine and Nephrology, +47 45211969, Astrid.Eri-Montsma@so-hf.no
Key information:Employer: Sykehuset Østfold HF
Reference number: 4734563787
Percentage of full-time: 100%
Application deadline: 05/12/2023
- Kalnesveien 300, 1714 Grålum
- Helsepersonell, Sykepleier
- Sist endret
- 21. nov. 2023 02:20