Senior consultant in Pulmonary Medicine
- Østfold Hospital (Sykehuset Østfold HF)
- Senior consultant in Pulmonary Medicine
The pulmonary department at Østfold Hospital is expanding its senior staff. If you are a specialist in pulmonary medicine, committed and want to contribute to a positive professional environment, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Department of Pulmonary Medicine is an independent department under the Division of Medicine, Østfold Hospital. There is a high level of activity in the Department of Medicine, with around 60,000 outpatient consultations and 17,000 admissions per year. Division of Medicine is organized in the following departments: Neurology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Acute Medicine, and Pulmonary Medicine. We are responsible for delivering services in accordance with the mission document from South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and conduct our work in accordance with their vision of "good and equal health services to everyone who needs them, when they need them, regardless of age, place of residence, ethnic background, gender and finances".
The Pulmonary Department is responsible for diagnosing and treating most pulmonary disorders, both in the inpatient and outpatient areas.
We have our own ward with 27 beds, including a separate respiratory failure unit with two beds reserved for patients who need enhanced monitoring with mask treatment. We are also responsible for respiratory failure patients on ICU and tuberculosis patients in airborne infection isolation.
The Department of Pulmonary Medicine has a high level of outpatient activity. We have access to a full respiratory physiology laboratory, including ergo spirometry. We have our own ultrasound and perform bronchoscopy and EBUS. A separate sleep unit assesses and treats breathing-related sleep disorders in collaboration with the Ear, Nose and Throat Department.
Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the assessment, follow-up and medical treatment of lung cancer patients in Østfold
- To be professionally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care
- Comply with all relevant Trust Policies and Procedures
- Support other employees with their continuing educational needs and personal development
Person specification and professional qualification
- Norwegian authorization as a doctor
- Specialist authorization in general internal medicine and Pulmonary Medicine
- Willingness and ability to learn Norwegian (the working language is Norwegian)
- Motivated for professional development
- Ability to contribute to good co-operation in our interdisciplinary environments
- Desire and motivation for professional development and good patient care
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the specialty
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Professional challenges in one of the country's largest specialist hospitals
- Exciting development opportunities and support for research
- Good Insurance schemes
- Pension scheme
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included on the applicant list.
We ask all applicants to attach documentation of education and certificates of work experience, which must be in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English. This is to document qualifications that appear in the CV.
The hospital practices an inclusive working life and follows up on the government's inclusion initiative. This means that we welcome qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, disability, different national or ethnic backgrounds and candidates who for various reasons cannot document a continuous professional career.
ContactsØystein Almås, Head of department Pulmonary Medicine, +47 95706358, Oystein.Almas@so-hf.no
Key information:Employer: Sykehuset Østfold HF
Reference number: 4734975129
Percentage of full-time: 100%
Application deadline: 06/12/2023
- Kalnesveien 300, 1714 Grålum
- Helsepersonell, Sykepleier
- Sist endret
- 21. nov. 2023 02:05