Join our Summer Internship!
- Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- Summer Internship
Every summer we welcome students to work with us for a period of six weeks. During this time, you will get a unique opportunity to learn and share knowledge in your field of interest and build new relations.
KSAT is a leading company providing satellite data and ground station services and is headquartered in Tromsø, Norway. We are constantly adapting to the ever-changing environment within the space sector and with growing technology.
KSAT’s vision is to be at the forefront of Earth Observation services and technology. We provide high quality time critical and non-time critical solutions, to give customers a better foundation for their decisions.
Would you like to:
- Work with new and advanced sensor technologies?
- Contribute to building new products and services?
- Collaborate with experts in the field of remote sensing who work with a global portfolio of customers?
If successful, you will join the KSAT Earth Observation Programs team at KSAT as an intern whilst also having the chance to discuss and network with other interns working across different divisions of KSAT under this program.
You will ideally work in a pair on the same tasks that some of our full-time employees are working on, and your contribution will be substantial. At the end of your internship, you will present your work to the rest of KSAT.
KSAT are looking for students who have completed at 2 years of higher education in the summer of 2023. We want students with an interest in working in the Space sector with a focus on Earth Observation using Optical and SAR satellite imagery.
Qualifications and Interests:
- Studying Remote Sensing, GIS, Space Science or similar
- Some experience in image processing of optical and/or SAR imagery is required
- Personal attributes we value:
- Accountability and responsibility – show up and set out to accomplish the things you say you will do
- Creative problem solving – bring innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Honest and open communication
What we can offer you this summer:
- Facility for personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary
- The tools you need to do the work
- 1-2 weeks of vacation as agreed with KSAT
- Learn more about the wider commercial space business and KSAT’s position within it.
- Opportunity to work with Earth Observation specialists developing solutions that will be used operationally towards our global customer base
- Fun environment and social gatherings
Practical information about the internship:
- The period of the internship is from June to August
- Attach a copy of your transcripts when you apply
We will handle applications continuously.
KSAT see the importance of ensure diversity in the company by taking gender, age and cultural background into account during recruitment.
You must be fit for the position, meet the conditions for Norwegian security clearance and able to be authorized and suitable for the position. Final candidates will have to complete a background check of Semac.
KSAT is the world's leading commercial satellite center based in Tromsø. KSAT develops and delivers data, information and services based on satellites, and we have customers all over the world. We are a total of 360 employees located in Tromsø, Svalbard, Stockholm, USA and Oslo. KSAT has stations and antennas all over the world, from Tromsø and Svalbard in the north, via Panama, Singapore and South Africa, to the Troll station in Antarctica in the far south. The number of customers and ground stations is constantly growing, and this strong growth means that we now need new employees.
RemoteSensing, GIS, Space, Science, jordobservasjon
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Charlotte Bishop
- Senior Project Manager
- Line Steinbakk
- Director Programs EO
Prestvannvegen 38, 9011 Tromsø
|Sist endret||13. feb. 2023 09:07|