Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries?
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Director R&D
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $45 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 125,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
A day in the Life:
The Director R&D sets the technical strategy and prioritizes execution of research and product development for a team of approximately 55 colleagues based in Oslo, Norway. This position is based in Lillestrom or Oslo, Norway and is part of the Sample Preparation business unit of the Biosciences Division.
- Develop new products and technologies through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process and guide process improvements. Independently plan, direct and execute scientific research and/or development strategies. Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Oversee and manage the research staff, including hiring, performance management, training and professional development. Provide strategic direction and guidance to Scientists, Research Associates and Engineers in their daily experiments and troubleshooting. Guide team in matrix environment.
- Establish and implement functional operational strategy and goals to achieve the corporate strategy. May provide input to corporate or functional strategic planning.
- Guide technical strategy for a business segment and interface with other departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Technical Service and/or Operations) to coordinate product development and improvement.
- Recognizes opportunities for in-licensing and internal patent development. Balance resources to fulfill NPI objectives and fill pipeline with novel ideas for future development.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature, competing technologies and/or products and attendance of scientific seminars and meetings. Communicates the significance of recent scientific developments to peer group.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures. Ensure compliance of assigned staff.
- Formulate and authorize policies, processes and practices for functional area. Develop and manage function's budget.
- May act as spokesperson on corporate research and development and advise top management.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
What do you need to succeed?
- Ph. D. and post-doctoral experience in Biochemical Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and/or Molecular Biology required.
- 8-10+ years preferred of post-degree laboratory or engineering experience, preferably in a commercial/industrial environment.
- Demonstrated success leading large teams including proven leadership proficiency with excellent people management and organizational skills.
- Proven expertise in data analysis, research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Multi-faceted research planning and design.
- Knowledge of safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements.
- Advanced, in-depth knowledge of Sample Prep's business, competitors and industry practices and functional knowledge of strategic business planning.
- Patent application and new product development processes.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Occasional travel may be required.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!
Thermo Fisher Scientific Norway, previously known as Life Technologies, produces and develops Dynabeads that are used in several billion diagnostic analyses worldwide. It is a critical component in one of the most promising cancer treatments and is an industry standard in sample preparation products in the research market. The beads are world famous for their unique specifications and manufacturing process, which allow use of beads in advanced life science applications.
In Thermo Fisher Scientific, we are working for the right reasons in the right way, and our culture is highly characterized by pride. We are proud to work with a Norwegian technology that contributes to saving lives, proud of our product portfolio, our relationships with customers and proud of our mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our Norway site is ranked as a Great Place to Work, winner of the Norwegian Research Council’s Innovation Prize, the winner of Norwegian Tech Award and the winner of Norges Smarteste Industribedrift.
A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English (in one document for easy upload). Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Vinner av en rekke innovasjon og teknologipriser, våre produkter hjelper millioner av mennesker verden over og har de tre siste årene vært rangert som en av Norges beste arbeidsplasser, bli en av oss!
- 0379 Oslo
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Kjemisk industri,
- Medisinsk utstyr og rekvisita
|Sist endret||22. nov. 2023 19:04|