Do you want to be our next production Office Manager for Bangladesh?
- Production Office Manager, Bangladesh
Varner is one of the largest fashion houses in the Nordics, and is a Norwegian family-owned company. Varner`s Service Office outside is located outside Oslo, Norway where approximately 400 colleagues are located with everything from designers, buyers, marketers, distributors, technologists, stylists, photographers and models, to support functions such as HR and finance. In addition to our Service Office we have 6 global production offices located in Turkey, India, Bangladesh and China.
We are now searching for a Production Office Manager to be responsible for our office in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Varner Bangladesh office follows up all of Varner’s production in Bangladesh. The office supports the Design and Buying departments in Oslo to deliver on Varner’s strategic goals of profitability, quality, time to market and sustainability.
As the Production Office Manager, you are responsible for leading the office according to the Varner values, and in cooperation with the Service Office develop and maintain our business in Bangladesh. The Production Office Manager has the overall responsibility of ensuring responsible and profitable production, with a proactive sustainability approach.
The Production Office Manager plays a key role in ensuring that we continue to be successful in our sourcing and production in Bangladesh. Through both developing existing suppliers and sourcing new ones, you will maintain the optimal supplier portfolio, in cooperation with our global sourcing team. You will work with a team of skilled Merchandisers, Garment Technicians, Environmental Specialists, QC Specialists, QA Specialists and CSR Specialists to ensure our production meets our quality and safety standards and is aligned with our sustainability strategy. You will keep the Service Office updated on innovation and manufacturing opportunities, and work to constantly optimize Varner’s production in Bangladesh.
The role reports to the Global Production Manager, located at the Service Office.
Some of the key responsibilities required as Production Office Manager will be:
- Developing and implementing Varner’s Global Production Office working processes
- Maintaining, managing and organizing staff; recruiting and training of staff
- Budget planning and follow-up
- Responsible for all administrative tasks related to Varner’s services in the region
- Cooperation with our other production offices on global projects to ensure optimal production
- Responsible for maintaining a stable and innovative supplier portfolio for Varner, compliant with Varner’s social and environmental requirements
- Supporting the local CSR, Environmental, Garment Technicians, QC and QA Specialists in their roles and responsibilities
- Have a close dialogue with the merchandising team at all times, to be aware of products, pricing and supplier distribution
- Facilitating the communication and the relationship between the Service Office in Norway and the suppliers
- Cooperation with our logistics department and partners to ensure transportation of our goods is as smooth as possible
- Ensuring that all goods are delivered in accordance with purchase agreement and mode of transport
- Keep the Service Office updated in terms of potential risks, industry outlook, and other regional factors of importance to the business
- Represent Varner’s interests in multi-stakeholder groups, with government officials, NGOs and industry organizations
As the responsible manager for our team and office in Dhaka, we are looking for a person who:
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience from a similar role, in a production country
- A background in textile sourcing, or as a textile engineer, is an advantage
- Has strong leadership capabilities and clear communication skills
- Is good with people, relationship building and people management
- Is value driven, and able to represent Varner and our culture
- Is commercially aligned with the Scandinavian market
- Is organized and results oriented, with the ambition to deliver on Varner’s goals
- Is fluent in English both written and spoken
- Fluency in a Scandinavian language is an advantage
There is a lot that we are proud of, such as:
- A forward-looking and innovative
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We take care of each other, and we want people to succeed
- We can offer you fantastic colleagues and a unique culture! The Varner culture is described as inclusive, positive and sociable, where we are focused on succeeding as a group
Preferred start date March 2024, with expected contractual period: 2-3 years.
Some travel must be expected in the role.
Varner is one of Scandinavia's largest fashion groups and consists of several high-profile chains; Cubus, Dressmann, Bik Bok, Carlings, Volt, Junkyard and Levi's Store. The business currently comprises 6 online stores and over 1200 physical stores in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Every day, 9000 dedicated employees put customers at the center to give them the best shopping experience.
The key to our success lies in our culture and values. We love to create results. We love to have fun. At the same time, we take responsibility, for each other, for the environment, for the climate and society around us.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1396 Billingstad
- Butikk og varehandel,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Design / Klær,
Production office manager, manager, Bangladesh, fashion, dhaka
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2023 13:35|