Senior Business Controller | Polestar
- Senior Business Controller
We're currently looking for a driven experienced Business Controller. Someone to join our Finance team in Norway. Someone with a passion for electric mobility, an interest in technology, and a desire to create the change we know is needed. At Polestar we don't just drive innovation in our cars – our entire business model is different from our competitors. As the company is expanding quickly, we need someone who share our vision and want to be part of something different.
This position is located at our office in Fornebu right outside of Oslo. You will work closely with the business and drive performance analyses, planning and control. You are a structured, analytical, and hands-on professional with a strong interest in the commercial and financial aspects of the growing and fascinating business. In this role you report to the Managing Director of Polestar Norway and with a dotted line to Head of Commercial Control EMEA. You will have two employees on your team which you will have personnel responsibility over. The team consists of one other Business Controller and one Operations and Admin staff.
In this role, you'll be expected to overlook financial performance for your market and seamlessly blend financial expertise with a keen understanding of commercial strategies to strike the right balance, aiming at profitable growth. You will be responsible for statutory financial statements, P&L and Balance Sheet. You will work closely with the local operational teams on strategic topics and day-to-day business. Cooperation with Polestar global operational teams, and further finance & accounting functions (General, PTP, OTC, Treasury, FP&A) is also expected. The role requires you to pay high attention to sales margins (profitability), operational growth (sales volumes) and cash flow and you will have a bottom-line responsibility with high transparency with Headquarters’ Global functions. In your team it will also be essential that you drive problem solving and identify process gaps and areas for optimization and automation.
You will also:
- Assume Governance and Control, driving internal control activities and structured processes
- Planning and follow-up of revenue & costs (budget, forecast, actuals)
- Drive the preparation of Business cases, by ensuring input from the various Stakeholders arrives timely
- Support management decision-making with dashboards, KPIs and ad-hoc analyses
- High focus on improving data quality and data transparency
The ideal candidate
In order to succeed in this role, and at Polestar in general, there are a few characteristics you'll need to have. Collaborative, flexible with an open working style and an ability to establish trust and credibility. An enquiring mind, constantly analyzing the givens to identify business opportunities and risks. The ability to take the initiative, to meet deadlines and requirements. Structured, data-driven with a quantitative problem-solving approach. We need someone who are a team player and not afraid to constructively bring forward proposals for the ultimate benefit of the company.
In addition, you'll need the following qualifications:
- Financial controlling experience in the Automotive industry ideally at an NSC level.
- Proven experience and knowledge of Accounting & Governance.
- A few years work experience with similar responsibilities and tasks
- Higher Education degree in Finance.
- Comfortable with speaking Norwegian
Polestar is an international company, with various backgrounds represented. English, therefore, is the language of written and spoken communication. And though we have a global presence, we maintain the growth-mindset. Change happens often at Polestar. But so does progress. Expect an accelerating, exciting environment.
If the above matches your ambitions, be sure to apply. Our selection process is ongoing, and the job advert will remain open until it’s filled.
The Polestar journey is an electric one.
- 1364 Fornebu
- Bank, finans og forsikring,
- Bil- og bildelproduksjon,
- Økonomi og regnskap
- Økonomi og regnskap,
- Økonomi og regnskap / Controller,
- Økonomi og regnskap / Økonomistyring og budsjettering
business controller, accounting, manager, finance, budget
|Sist endret||20. nov. 2023 13:48|