- Nordic Rutile AS
- Mining Manager
We are building the most environmentally friendly mine in the world. Would you like a very important role in the implementation?
Nordic Mining AS is running the first mineral extraction project in Norway in almost 40 years based on environmentally friendly mining and the most climate-friendly titanium raw material in the world. The Engebø project consists of extracting eclogite ore from the deposit and processing this into mineral concentrate of rutile (titanium dioxide) and garnet. In addition, products from gray rock and various residual minerals will also be produced. The main parts of the project consist of an open pit mine, processing plant product storage and ship loading facilities. The project's lifetime is estimated to be approx. 40 years and will create approx. 100 jobs. Currently about 20 people are connected to the project execution management, including external consultants.
The organization is ready to be strengthened towards operations and we are looking for a Mining Manager that can develop a mining team, transfer the feasibility models into operations and optimize processes:
- Prepare mining plans both in the short and long term
- Define the internal control system, procedures and job descriptions to be implemented for the mining department
- Follow-up of the mining contractor to ensure achievement of operational targets with a focus on environment, HSE and quality control
- Mine technical design in line with production requirements, cost targets and HSE requirements
- Reporting of mine plans, operating results and improvement works
- Assume the role of 'Mining engineer in charge” (Norwegian: Bergteknisk ansvarlig) towards authority requirement and in the company with responsibility for following up on the operating license and reporting to the Norwegian authorities in line with current requirements and guidelines
- Ensure that mine plans are in line with the company's guidelines and policies for health, environment and safety
- Contribute to achieving the goal of zero emissions of greenhouse gases
- Contribute to developing corporate culture with a focus on health, safety, environment and quality
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate has a mining technical education equivalent to mining engineer (siv.ing./master of science) with good experience in leading larger mining extractions. In addition, it is beneficial that you have:
- Experience from Open-Pit-mining is an advantage
- Knowledge of the use of 3D modelling tools corresponding to Datamine, Surpac, Vulcan etc.
- Excellent English skills
- Skilled in a Scandinavian language
- Knowledge of legislation regarding Norwegian Working Environment
We would prefer that you live in the area to limit travelling.
We look forward to hearing from you
In this assignment we are partnering with MU, specialists in Executive Search.
Send your resume no later than 30th of January 2023.
For additional information please contact Ole Petter Bratteberg, +47 975 59 036 or Gro Reinertsen, +47 975 59 058.
Nordic Mining ASA is a resource company with focus on high-end industrial minerals and metals. The Company’s project portfolio is of high international standard and holds significant economic potential. The Company’s assets are in the Nordic region.
Nordic Mining is undertaking a large-scale project development at Engebø on the west coast of Norway where the Company has rights and permits to a substantial eclogite deposit with rutile and garnet. In addition, Nordic Mining holds interests in other initiatives at various stages of development. This includes patented rights for a new technology for production of alumina and exploration of seabed minerals.
Nordic Mining is listed on Euronext Expand Oslo with ticker symbol “NOM”.
- 6800 Førde
- Bygg og anlegg,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Metaller og mineraler
Mining, Management, Building, Construction, Gruve
|Sist endret||31. jan. 2023 00:11|