Engineer, and want to be at the forefront of New Space? This is your chance.
- Isar Aerospace Norway AS
- LEAD ENGINEER, Launch Pad Operations
In this role, you will lead a small international team of engineers and technicians operating the ground facilities and respective fluid systems of our pad as part of our launch site on Andøya, Norway.
Your first task is the assembly of said team where you will play a key role in hiring. You will familiarize yourself with the designs of the facility in Munich, then organize and support the build-up and commissioning process on Andøya and thus gain a unique “inside-out” know-how of the whole facility.
Once the initial phase of functional tests of stages on the pad is performed, the design team will leave the site to you and your team to organize further testing and launch campaigns together with other site teams and the Mission & Launch and Vehicle Integration departments in Munich.
Reporting to the Vice President of Test & Launch, you will:
- Build and lead a team to build, commission and operate the first Isar Aerospace Launch Pad on the island of Andøya, Norway
- Install and commission all launch pad systems with the support of technicians and the Munich-based design team of the pad in coordination with local stakeholders and subcontractors
- Contribute to the certification process of the facility by interfacing between Isar Aerospace and the notified body in Norway
- Perform tests in coordination with rocket development engineers to finalise design of the launch vehicle
- Ensure the execution of ground activities in close coordination, and under potentially tight schedules with the Launch Director during launch campaigns
- Ensure safe operations by using and evolving existing protocols. Continually coach and develop the team and ensure all members have the necessary training to operate
- Lead test preparations, smaller upgrades and maintenance of the launch pad
- Help design and build future additions and upgrades to the launch pad
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
As a highly organised and proactive individual with high attention to detail, you demonstrate of a can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills. In addition, you have:
- Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Process Engineering or similar
- Ideally experienced (at least 3 years) in one or more of the following or similar: liquid rocket engine testing, process plant or oil rig operation, procedures-based operations
- Expert in multidisciplinary troubleshooting
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of rocket propulsion systems
- Experienced in leading interdisciplinary technical teams on-site
- Experienced in test data acquisition, reduction and evaluation
- Proficient in operation with high pressure gas and/ or liquid feed systems
- Norwegian or German language skills are a nice-to-have
- Be at the center of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space. And we will do it from Andøya, Norway.
Our mission is to help democratize space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry.
If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us at Andøya and launch your career!
- Sjøgata 26a, 8480 Andenes
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Toine C Sannes
- Administration Manager
- 988 81 086
- Fabian Weber
- Lead Engineer Propulsion test development
Sjøgata 26a, 8480 Andenes
|Sist endret||19. des. 2022 13:24|