Executive Housekeeper in Longyearbyen
- Hurtigruten Svalbard AS
- Executive Housekeeper
Hurtigruten Svalbard is a full-service provider of fantastic adventures, accommodation, and dining in Longyearbyen. Long story short - we make Arctic dreams come true.
We are in the process of building up an in-house housekeeping department to take care of all our venues including 3 hotels with the total of 292 hotel rooms, multiple restaurants and conference facilities, outdoor & expedition shop, activities & expedition center, and offices.
If you have a passion for cleanliness, teambuilding, an eye for details, and looking for an arctic adventure, this is your once in a lifetime opportunity.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Manage the housekeeping department according to Hurtigruten Svalbard’s values, standards, and strategies
- Recruitment, training and follow up – building a strong and confident team
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) which support the achievement of service, quality, and financial goals
- Determine appropriate staffing levels for forecasted business and schedules employees according to business needs and occupancy
- Continuous inspection / quality check of guest rooms and common areas
- Monthly department meetings
- Ordering and storage of uniforms for all departments
- Communication and cooperation across departments
- Lost & found
- Close dialogue with supplier of linen
- Follow up and report any maintenance issues
- Reports to Hotel Director and a part of Sector Hotel Management Team
Requirements and skills:
- Minimum three years in a management housekeeping position or similar
- Able to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Strong organizational and multicultural skills, critical thinking skills, problem solver
- Hotel Operating Systems experience, preferable Opera
- Good knowledge in the use of chemicals
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to details
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Fluent in English, and the understanding of a Scandinavian language is a big plus
We can offer:
- The opportunity to build up a very important department
- An Arctic experience
- Staff discounts throughout the Hurtigruten Group family
- Possibility to use company cabin on Svalbard
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Only 16% tax on salary on Svalbard
- Good pension plan
Please apply before October 16th 2022 and applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
Hurtigruten Svalbard (part of Hurtigruten Group) is a total supplier of land-based adventures, accommodation, and dining on Svalbard. Located in the world’s northernmost permanent settlement, Longyearbyen, we bring people closer to the vast Arctic nature – all year round. From midnight sun to polar night, our entire team stands ready to welcome travelers and make Polar dreams come true.
Established in 1989 (under the name Spitsbergen Travel), Hurtigruten Svalbard is the eldest tour operator on Svalbard. From being a travel agency that helped local coal miners travel south, we are today a full-service provider helping people travel north.
Our highly experienced tour department offers a wide range of options for exploring the fascinating wildlife and untouched wilderness in a sustainable and responsible manner. Whether on a comfortable day tour on snowmobile, dog sled, boat or by foot, or on a challenging multi-day ski/kayak/dog sledding/snowmobile expedition, Svalbard creates memories for life.
In addition, we operate three unique hotels in Longyearbyen: The exclusive boutique hotel Funken Lodge, the cozy hostel Coal Miners’ Cabins, and the Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen. Each facility has its own restaurant and bar, with its own style and charm that allows both guests and locals to find their favorite spot.
Our two retail facilities Longyear78 Outdoor & Expeditions and Ingeniør G. Paulsen (IGP) ensures access to all clothing, gear and equipment needed for a stay on this remote Arctic Archipelago.
Hurtigruten Svalbard holds a world leading position in Arctic sustainable tourism, including electric snowmobiles and catamaran – powered with renewable energy from the Arctic winds and midnight sun.
|Sist endret||17. okt. 2022 03:55|