New position for a Senior Scientist to lead our Alzheimer projects
- Pre Diagnostics AS
- Senior Scientist
Do you have a passion for science coupled with a strong market orientation?
If you have experience with managing biomarker development and collaboration with clinical research sites – read on!
Our blood-based IVD test systems for detection of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is broadening its applicability into new disease areas. Recently, as an outcome of a successful 30 months Horizon 2020 SME Phase II project, we have CE-marked our first blood based AD immunoassays. Building upon our CE-marked assays, now we are initiating further development and clinical validation a new project, funded by the Norwegian Research Council (NRC), to further develop our assays into a new biomarker system to optimize personalized treatment with the new immunotherapies in development by big pharma. This project is aiming at developing a biomarker system to predict and diagnose a serious adverse effect from new AD immunotherapies monitor, namely ARIA.
We are expanding our activities and will strengthen our team with a full-time position as a Senior Scientist. This is a unique opportunity to join a Norwegian neuroscience start-up that has developed a breakthrough technology for detection and monitoring of Alzheimer’s at a time when new Alzheimer’s medicines are coming into the market and the need for early detection is increasing globally. Our patented technology has the power to drive the IVD industry into intracellular measurements and open a world of precision medicine for AD patients.
You will be responsible for managing the NRC funded ARIA project, including biomarker development and following-up collaborations with clinical research sites. The other key focus for this position will be to further develop and validate our CE-marked AD biomarkers, including clinical studies, and to support commercialization activities with medical and scientific communication.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Driving the biochemical and clinical research activities to build documentation around our AD and ARIA biomarkers
- Supervising lab activities
- Developing scientific material supporting the commercialization of our tests, incl pipeline projects within AD diagnostics
- Analyzing scientific data and research articles, providing feedback and discussion points relevant for positioning of our AD biomarker concept
- As a part of the team, you will “fill in the gaps” and support where your skills and expertise is needed and you can create value
- You have a science background, either as a medical doctor, neuroscience researcher, cell biologist, or similar background preferable on a PhD level
- You have professional experience from a life science field, preferably diagnostics and ideally from neuroscience
- You have substantial relevant experience in our field, preferably with experience from industrial development and validation of biomarker assays
- Experience with elaborate lab techniques, for example cell cultivation techniques, ELISA, advanced LC-MS/MS protein analysis, flow cytometry, and bioinformatics
- Knowledge of quality management of regulatory requirements for development of IVD products in Europe
- You have very good English language skills, both oral and written
As a person:
- You have a keen sense of scientific curiosity
- You convince through your analytical and conceptual thinking
- You convey messages with excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are a team-player, fully aware that life in a start-up requires an “all hands-on deck” attitude
- You are a self-starter, flexible and proactive by nature
About the team
Pre Diagnostics has a highly skilled team of approximately 10 people. You will become a member of our management group, reporting to our Chief Medical Officer and working closely with the entire interdisciplinary team.
About our collaborators
A major part of your work will be performed in collaboration with our AD project partners:
- Akershus University Hospital (Ahus) including collaborating “Dementia Disease Initiative” hospitals in Norway and their JPND collaborators in the Nordics and Europe. Ahus is our main collaborator in the new ARIA-project.
- Oslo University Hospital and their European partners in the AI-Mind project (1.000 AD patients in Norway, Italy, Spain and Finland). Pre Diagnostics is a proud partner of AI-Mind which also will be a prime source of blood samples from AD patients for further clinical validation of our CE-marked AD biomarkers.
PreDx is an R&D-based biotech company founded on an in-licensed technology covering intracellular diagnostic tests for dementia diseases and with follow-on novel intervention candidates. A NOK 35 million Horizon 2020 SME phase II project has funded our lab facilities with a highly skilled team, and also secured CE-mark for PreADx - an Alzheimer’s disease (AD) blood test - the first phase of achieving our goal to build a leading neuroscience company. The PreADx immunoassay is the first diagnostic test in a pipeline of patented candidates within the largest neurodegenerative diseases. After PreADx, the next diagnostic product under development is PrePDx, a novel blood biomarker for Parkinson’s disease (PD).
With two AD tests CE-marked and both PD and ARIA tests in the pipeline PreDx is ideally placed in the growing neurodiagnostic space.
The company is run by an experienced life science team and has established collaborations with research institutes in Norway and abroad. The headquarters has brand new offices and a new fully furnished lab localized in Lørenveien 73a, Oslo with 5 minutes walking distance to public transportation (tube and bus).
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English or Norwegian.
- Lørenveien 73a, 0585 Oslo
- Farmasi og legemiddel,
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Medisinsk utstyr og rekvisita
Alzheimer, Biomarkør, F&U, Prosjektledelse, bioteknologi
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Erik Christensen
- Chief Medical Officer
- 959 39 918
Lørenveien 73a, 0585 Oslo
|Sist endret||9. nov. 2022 10:36|