Exciting opportunity as Backend SW Engineer with a deep-learning company in Oslo
- BioSort AS
- Backend Software Engineer
Do you have experience with writing backend services, managing datastores, and big data, orchestrating them into reliable and performant systems in the cloud context? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology within fields such as machine vision, AI, optics, and mechatronics?
Welcome to BioSort!
We have the ambition to become the world leader in sensor-based solutions for optimization of fish resources. We already have a team dedicated to solving some of the most important challenges in aquaculture, challenges that are highly complex, technologically challenging, yet incredibly exciting.
BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees, and we are always on the lookout for the brightest heads within Tech. We currently have engineers and consultants developing the infrastructure and backend, embedded systems for real time edge computing, optical design, processing of big data, all to support our computer vision systems. We are now expanding our team within the backend, DevOps, and MLOps domains.
The role of Backend Engineer at BioSort
You will work in a team to:
- Develop systems for storing, and serving, hundreds of terabytes of data to, and from, our cloud systems.
- Automate deployment of software, services, and machine learning models according to CI/CD principles.
- Work with ML developers to solve complex problems and create unique solutions.
- Contribute to the continuous evaluation and refactorization of our solutions.
- Suggest (and implement) new and novel ideas to solve problems.
Technologies we use, amongst others:
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, SaltStack, gitlab
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, S3, PostgreSQL
- Kotlin, Rust, Python, C/C++, node.js
- MLFlow, PyTorch, Tensorflow, CUDA
The candidate we are looking for
We would like to think you have a master’s degree in computer science, or equivalent. Alternatively, a combination of advanced technical education and work experience. Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience in the operationalization of backend solutions.
It would be a plus if you had prior experience with handling big data, especially in the context of RESTful services in a Kubernetes context. Knowledge of machine learning would also be a plus, as a lot of our backend solutions are geared towards creating, serving, and processing data for our computer vision efforts.
Working at BioSort
We have created an environment where your opinion matters, and although we classify ourselves as a start-up, we have “large company stability”. Our team gets to work with products and solutions with a purpose / green technology (sustainable salmon-farming products).
Other things we would like to highlight:
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Green technology – a purpose behind the products
- Stock options
- Work with colleagues with a real know-how – all the steps it takes to reach goals
- Nice open office, by the water
- Electronics lab and a 20.000-liter pool for local tests with fish in sea water
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several very good Cantinas, Gym, Coffee shop, and KIWI in the building
- Very healthy, open, and friendly atmosphere in the office
If you are now convinced that you belong in BioSort, then we have made the next step easy for you: you can apply right away, and we need nothing more than your resume or link to your LinkedIn-profile.
If you want more information before you decide whether this is of interest to you, please contact our recruitment partner in AvantGarde Search, Stine Beckholt, to receive a detailed information document.
Do you know someone that fits this description perfect? Let them know there’s a position available!
BioSort was founded in 2010 based on the idea of using machine vision and sorting to separate escaped farmed salmon and wild salmon. In 2015 BioSort refocused itseffort towards fish farming and started concept development of iFarm. Our mission is to create sensor-based solutions for optimization of fish resources. We want to replace manual inspection and sampling by automated processes and monitoring derived from modern production processes. Our solutions will manage fish on an individual level, creating value and increased sustainability through increased fish welfare and higher production yields.
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- Fiskeri og oppdrett,
- Industri og produksjon,
- IT - programvare
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
aquaculture, backend, computer science, software, machine learning
Spørsmål om stillingen
Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
|Sist endret||27. mai 2022 11:20|