Head of IT to build infrastructure and function from scratch
- Freyr AS
- Head of IT
We plan to build 4 battery cell factories of increasing size, with a workforce between 1500-2000 employees by 2023, as a significant contribution in the transition to a green economy. Without batteries there can be no real change in the global energy system, the key to limiting temperature increases.
We are looking for a highly qualified Head of IT to build both the IT infrastructure for this organisation and the functional team to develop and run it. This is a very rare opportunity to build an organisation from the very start, whilst making a significant contribution to our sustainable future.
- Develop and implement IT strategies and infrastructure supporting the business
- Develop IT policies and systems
- Oversee technology operations and architecture, and evaluate them according to established goals
- Design, obtain, deliver and support solutions
- Identify and eliminate security risks
- Develop and implementing internal controls ensuring compliance with IT policies and procedures and the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Build an IT function and contribute to team efforts across the company
The person we are looking for has solid, practical experience from at least one operational IT leadership role. You preferably have a master's degree in an IT-related subject. You are confident in the IT leadership role, have good knowledge and experience in the technology, data security and the delivery of value. Experience from working in an international company is an advantage, and you must communicate well in English and Norwegian, both written and orally.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in IT roles preferably spanning 2 or more sub-functions
- Significant IT management experience
- Relevant Masters degree
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
FREYR is a Norwegian company in the process of developing, financing, constructing and operating 2+32 GWh annual capacity worth of lithium-ion based battery cell facilities and a 600 MW wind park in the municipalities of Rana and Nesna in Nordland, Norway.
The company will supply sustainably produced, cost competitive battery cells to the rapidly growing market for electric vehicles and energy storage in Europe and globally, as well as develop other markets within the segments of marine transportation, aviation and offshore oil through cluster-based R&D initiatives with leading Norwegian and European institutions and companies.
For more information, see our home page
- Philip Pedersens vei 11, 1366 Lysaker
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kraft og energi
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations,
- IT utvikling / Systemarkitekt,
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell)
|Sist endret||14. jan. 2021 23:52|