Product designer (ui/ux) to fast growing scale-up
- ordr as
- Product designer (ui/ux)
Who are we?
You have probably tried us, scanned our QR code and noticed how quickly you can order food and drinks. Almost magical, some would say, but this is just the beginning. Ordr is the adventure that has gone from startup to a scaleup in less than one year. We are passionate about creating simple and intuitive solutions that will change the hospitality industry, and with some of Norway's leading investors behind us, we are going abroad. Now we just need you to join the journey!
About the job
As a product designer at ordr, you will be a part of one of our product teams, solving problems and creating values together with our developers, data scientist, qa engineers, product leads m.m. You will also be part of our small group of designers, where we can have deeper discussions about UX, UI, business needs, trends m.m.
In ordr, our culture and mindset are agile, and we display agility when
- We test our hypotheses and course correct
- We focus on outcome rather than output
- We learn from each other
- We have a lot of fun and enjoy working together
- We move 10 times faster than the competitors
We believe the right candidate is passionate about building quality products, and is also not afraid to experiment with and try out new ways to solve problems.
We are looking for designers that enjoy the balance with creating usable and valuable product experiences for the users, while also taking into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions.
A typical week will involve:
- Agree on this week’s goals, KPI and hypothesis with your product team.
- Gather quantitative insight (web analysis, sales data, reviews), either before or after the code is live. Here you’ll work along with our data scientist.
- Doing qualitative insight (user testing/interview) with our 600+ customers, 600.000 end users or other stakeholders, and also understanding how design can support other parts of the organization as well.
- Based on bullets above, you and the team will discuss possible ideas and find the best solution together.
- We work with high speed and regard pixel perfect sketches as waste. As long as the design system is kept updated and the team collaboration is working, the old “handover ceremony” of graphic sketches will not be needed. You will create the end result together.
- Make improvements based on feedback loops.
- Share knowledge, discuss ideas and nerdy design stuff in the design group.
- Use and evolve our internal design system.
We are looking for you who fulfills these requirements:
- You have 5+ years work experience within lean UI/UX, in a role similar for what we have described here.
- You have made state of the art consumer facing digital products and enjoy transforming complexity into simple design.
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
- You can take responsibility for designing and defining functionality, and work closely together with the team to make sure the functionality is properly developed.
- Has worked with accessibility, with the motivation to make the world more inclusive, rather than checking the legal requirements.
- Are used to work in a design tool like Sketch or Figma. The designers here are working mostly in Figma and Miro.
As a person you are:
- fearless and grows from learning and constructive criticism.
- self-directed and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- business oriented and wants to work towards Ordr’s KPIs.
- a nice person who puts the team first and cooperates well.
You will be offered
- A warm and including working environment with high psychological safety and many bad jokes
- Data- and hypothesis driven product development
- The possibility to influence the product from day one
- Competitive terms
- An amazing office central in Oslo
- A chance to be part of something extraordinary
How to apply:
If this sounds exciting then we really look forward to hearing from you!
- Apply in the language you prefer: Scandinavian or English.
- This is a visual position. Applications without a portfolio or some kind of work samples will not be answered.
ordr is one of Norway's most exciting technology companies and is a leader in mobile ordering in the hospitality industry. Among our 50 employees, you will find skilled people who love working with the best technology and the smartest solutions. Despite our growth we have kept our great startup spirit, which means it is a lot of fun working together as a team. The company was started by the founder Edwin Fjeldtvedt and has gone from a handful of employees and 20 customers, to 50 employees and 660 customers. Now the company is growing out of Norway and about conquer the world, with backing from our solid investors. The head office is centrally located in Oslo on Rådhusplassen, and we have sales offices in Stavanger and Bergen.
ux, ui, digital designer, product designer, interaksjonsdesign
|Sist endret||5. apr. 2021 08:04|