Lean Manager to optimise large scale battery cell production
- Freyr AS
- Lean Manager
We plan to build 4 battery cell factories of increasing size in Mo i Rana, as a significant contribution in the transition to a green economy. Without batteries there can be no real change in the global energy system, the key to limiting temperature increases.
We are looking for someone who can lead our effort to optimalise the efficiency of our production lines. Battery cell production is a 24x7 process manufacturing operation where efficiency is the key to success.
Direct and lead the preparation, establishment and implementation of a lean programme throughout the plant operations with the goal to deliver superior operating results, thereby further enhancing our customer’s and end-user's total quality experience. This position is a leadership role working with multiple teams and is focused on continuous improvement across the organization.
This position provides the unique opportunity to build a dynamic organization, focused on engaging and inspiring teams to incorporate continuous improvement as part of their daily activities. The teams should leverage lessons learned and best practices, and will be empowered to focus on eliminating waste and increasing value creation to meet strategic objectives.
- Provide active design, leadership, and advocacy of a continuous improvement culture.
- Utilise Value Stream Mapping, develop the plant Lean strategy and corresponding implementation plan that is aligned with company’s overall strategic direction.
- Facilitate teams of employees engaged in lean activity planning and execution of these plans.
- Develop clearly defined deliverables for the lean programme in a scorecard system.
- Serve as the “champion” for all lean activities, working with leadership across the business to train, communicate, standardise, sustain and facilitate the implementation of lean methodology.
- Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas across the company.
- Identify training needs and develop appropriate programs to educate employees in the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Define and lead Kaizen events and follow-up to ensure proper progress and the continuity of the lean efforts toward the optimization and removal of waste.
- 4-8 years related process improvement management experience
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in a managerial role, preferably Operations, Quality or Engineering
- Knowledge of and proven expertise in various process improvement technologies and approaches
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma concepts and Kaizen (certification preferred)
- Master degree in technical field is preferred
This position operates in a matrixed environment. A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the organization to achieve objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy whilst retaining the ability to work in a collaborative environment. The successful candiate must be able to quickly grasp and apply new techniques and methodologies.
- Builds trusting, productive relationships with internal/external groups, team members, and stakeholders through transparent, genuine, influential communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, improve and execute activities related to improving organisational processes.
- Ability to motivate, energise, align and promote change in others related to a common purpose and objectives. Communicates clearly and concisely across all levels of the organisation to explain the reason for a change and the future vision. Perceived as a change agent in the organization.
- Strong and concise oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Candidates should be highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change.
- Understanding of and commitment to agile values, principles, and practices. Applicants must be proficient in identifying areas of improvement, planning for, and leading Kaizen events, value stream mapping, single piece flow, error proofing, visual workplace, standard work, set-up reduction and be familiar with SPC and Six-Sigma implementation.
- Ability to learn new concepts and pass the knowledge along to others in classroom and practical experience.
- CEO Freyr Helgeland
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
FREYR is a Norwegian company in the process of developing, financing, constructing and operating 2+32 GWh annual capacity worth of lithium-ion based battery cell facilities and a 600 MW wind park in the municipalities of Rana and Nesna in Nordland, Norway.
The company will supply sustainably produced, cost competitive battery cells to the rapidly growing market for electric vehicles and energy storage in Europe and globally, as well as develop other markets within the segments of marine transportation, aviation and offshore oil through cluster-based R&D initiatives with leading Norwegian and European institutions and companies.
For more information, see our home page
- Nytorget 1, 8622 Mo i Rana
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kraft og energi
- Produksjon / Produksjonsteknikk/Prosessteknikk,
prosessforbedring, optimalisering, Lean, Produksjon, Kontinuerlig forbedring
|Sist endret||12. jan. 2021 23:04|