Environmental and Social Advisor
- Environmental and Social Advisor
Based on your excellent knowledge in the sustainability field, you will be part of project teams assessing and analysing project opportunities, doing due diligence, clarifying sustainability requirements and expectations of investments and follow up environmental and social performance of our investee companies. You will also act as an advisor to our project companies, helping them manage social and environmental risk and add value. You will participate in a wide range of development finance projects where your role as an E&S Advisor is to operationalize Norfund’s sustainability ambitions and strengthen Norfund’s sustainability profile.
The successful candidate is a senior sustainability professional with relevant experience and qualifications from either sustainability consulting, development finance, the private sector or the investment industry.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Work in teams and support project managers on investments in the Scalable Enterprises investment area, with a particular focus on fund investments
- Assess environmental, social and human rights risks and impacts of direct and indirect investments against applicable local standards and the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability in the due diligence and investment phases
- Monitor clients’ performance against relevant E&S requirements as agreed during evaluation, and defined in the investment agreement and identify opportunities where E&S interventions reduce risk and add value
- Monitor the social impact and local community relations of our investments
- Support clients in developing their E&S management systems, and contribute through knowledge transfer and training
- Lead collaborative E&S initiatives across departments
- Lead the liaison and communication with EDFI – the association for European Development Finance Institutions
- Monitor international and national developments in the E&S field, including new expectations and guidelines and peer practices
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities to improve Norfund E&S related policies, systems and measurements
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and competence building for the E&S advisors and other relevant staff in Norfund
- Be a member of the Norfund Investment Committee
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Masters’ degree in Environmental, Social or Economic Science or equivalent background
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience, preferably including environmental and social assessments, for private companies or investors.
- Good understanding of international standards, particularly the IFC Performance Standards and EHS Guidelines, ILO standards and Human Rights instruments
- Experience from working with or in developing countries is an advantage
- Excellent and proven collaborative skills
- Results oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- Proven track record of effective project management
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English and Norwegian
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivation to achieve results through collaborative and constructive engagement with investment teams and portfolio companies
We can offer:
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- Highly competent and international working environment
- A unique opportunity to play a key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Norfund - The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries – aims to create jobs and better living conditions by investing in companies that contribute to sustainable development. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow sustainable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About half of the investment portfolio is in Clean energy. Green infrastructure, Financial institutions and Scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund's committed investment portfolio amounts to USD 3,5 billion in 150 companies. The number of employees is about 90.
- Fridtjof Nansens Plass 4, 0160 Oslo
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Økonomi og regnskap
- Økonomi og regnskap / Samfunnsøkonomi
Finans, miljø, rådgivning, samfunnsøkonomi, prosjektledelse
Spørsmål om stillingen
Fridtjof Nansens Plass 4, 0160 Oslo
|Sist endret||2. jul. 2020 14:54|