Are you a digital marketing expert who cares about the world’s oceans?
- Nortek AS
- Digital Marketing Manager
Are you a skilled digital marketer and want to help us spread the word about our technology for exploring the world’s oceans?
Nortek is a world-leading technology and engineering company that develops and manufactures instrumentation that collects information about what happens in the still largely unexplored ocean space.
Across the world, more and more people are becoming passionately interested in the ocean. Exploring and understanding the ocean has relevance to climate change, food production and health, industrial activity and the supply of energy.
Scientists are striving to protect the world’s oceans from pollution, global warming and man’s expanding activity. At Nortek we provide answers to a small piece of the puzzle by enabling people to understand how the ocean moves and how waves propagate (or behave).
Nortek’s technology is also used for everything from improving the fuel consumption of ships to securing accurate subsea navigation for underwater vehicles. Simply put, we are contributing to making important knowledge about the ocean more reliable and more easily available.
Nortek’s potential clients are thinly spread around the entire globe, and can’t be easily reached with conventional mass-marketing efforts. We are not selling candy bars to the masses, so to speak, but very specific technology to a very specific target group – mainly within science and engineering. Our marketing needs to be very targeted, and it needs to take advantage of the ever-changing possibilities of digital marketing channels. It would be great if you have a background from engineering or science companies.
Although digital marketing is a prime focus in this role, you will also be responsible for helping to define and coordinate Nortek’s overall marketing strategy and activities. However, Nortek’s culture is entrepreneurial and hands-on, and we need a person who is a doer and is able to take on the nitty-gritty work of technical setup and optimization.
- Planning and executing digital marketing efforts in multiple channels for lead generation, as well as planning and implementation of additional marketing strategies
- Measuring and reporting performance of digital marketing campaigns, as well as experiments and conversion tests
- Evaluating end-to-end customer experience across various channels and touch points
- Evaluating emerging marketing technologies and providing perspective for adaptation
- Driving traffic to company website and working on search engine optimization and search engine marketing (Google AdWords)
- Working with our internal team and partner agencies to continually improve our website in successive iterations – this includes technical setup and structure, usability, UX design, conversion triggers and landing pages
- Managing and coordinating resources and people at Nortek who work with marketing and related activities across the organization, including a dedicated team at our HQ consisting of a Communication Manager and Graphic Designer
- Digital Marketing Manager reports to the CEO on Key Performance Indicators etc.
Qualifications and personal qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Understanding of how a tech and engineering business works, and what motivates its clients
- Proven results from digital marketing campaigns that have led to conversion and sales leads
- Solid knowledge of website analysis tools (Google Analytics, Net Insight, Omniture, Webtrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns, working knowledge of ad tools (DART, Atlas), inbound marketing tools (such as HubSpot)
- Empathetic and positive, with well-developed interpersonal skills, sensitive to multicultural differences
- Fluency in English (main working language)
Nortek is an international instrumentation company, located near Oslo, Norway. We design, develop, manufacture and sell underwater acoustic products for scientists and engineers in more than 90 countries.
We provide innovative, robust, and accurate instruments, backed up by advanced software and comprehensive support to ensure customers maximize value from their measurements.
The core technology is based on the Doppler principle, and allows us to measure water velocity and movement on many different scales, depending on the customer application.
The engine that drives Nortek is its multi-talented, global team, compromised of people who are authorities in their field. A world-class design and development group, a client-facing sales team with direct technical industry experience, and a spirited support and production team define our ability to serve as well as collaborate with our customers.
The company is privately held and has about 115 employees at eight subsidiaries in the US, UK, France, Netherlands, China, Japan, Australia and Brazil.
digital markting, marketing strategy, marketing campaign, google adwords, management
|Sist endret||10. des. 2019 10:44|