Director of UX - News Media
- Schibsted Products & Technology AS
- Director of UX - News Media
At Schibsted we know that user research, great design and world class UX is at the forefront of great customer experience. To ensure that our publishers deliver experiences people love, we are seeking an enthusiastic and user-oriented individual with management and collaboration skills to take on the role as Head of UX for Schibsted News Media.
Our mission is to contribute to a functioning democracy by closing the gap between what citizens know and what they need to know about the world around them. We aim to offer trustworthy news founded on facts and insight in a world where information is becoming increasingly more abundant and untrustworthy.
To achieve this we’re aiming at delivering simply the best news destination possible to our users. This requires a dedicated and continuous investment in new user experiences, in a marathon to stay relevant in a changing market, where user needs and behaviors rapidly changes. In all honesty, we’re not quite there yet, and we still have a lot of untapped potential.
You are a user experience expert who will partner up with product and engineering leadership. Together you will create a product strategy and product development culture that enables us to deliver world class experiences for our brands. You will influence and inspire everyone from executive leadership, to cross-department product teams, to not only understand but evangelize the business value of thoughtfully designed products that users love. You will work across multiple brands, such as Aftonbladet, VG, Svenska Dagbladet, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende and more.
The Director of UX will be responsible for growing, steering and coaching our UX team consisting of talented UX managers, designers, and user researchers while driving a mature UX organization of 46 team members, and contributing to the larger UX/Design community within Schibsted.
This role will have a seat in the Product leadership team and will report to the Chief Product Officer of Schibsted News Media.
We expect you to achieve the following:
- Lead, mentor and guide a group of amazing UX managers, designers and researchers
- Foster career development and growth paths for designers and managers
- Shape our product vision in collaboration with the Product and UX management team
- Build a UX community and share best practice in the organisation
- Ensure that our teams are listening to our users, and let their needs guide to the best solutions
- Align design frameworks to enable platform convergence
- Bridging UX with our brands teams, central platform teams for editorial, consumer business and advertising, and collaborate in other shared initiatives.
- Work closely with peers in business, technology, product and insight to enable cross functional teams to deliver user value with speed
- Align goals and execution between teams
- Create a culture of mutual trust and drive cooperation
Who you are:
- Passionate leader who knows and demonstrate the importance of continuously building a strong UX community.
- Experience in managing managers
- Hands on experience from UX work and product development
- Supportive and good at shaping team dynamics and building culture cross the Product & Tech organization
- Strong T-shaped leader with the desire and ability to make connections across disciplines
- Strong communication skills and demonstrate the importance of excellent stakeholder management
- You work out of Stockholm or Oslo, travel will be required.
Schibsted is an international media group with more than 5 000 employees. We have world-class media houses in Scandinavia, leading marketplaces and digital services that empower consumers. Millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day.
What we do
Our corporate social responsibility is closely linked to our mission of “Empowering people in their daily life”, our values and our core business. We believe that we, together with our users, can contribute to a more sustainable society in what we do every day.
- We empower people by providing transparent and secure marketplaces.
- We empower them by creating services that provide them with better deals.
- We empower them by defending freedom of the press and editorial integrity.
Connecting millions of buyers and sellers every month, we provide leading online marketplaces in the Nordics.
Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se help people buy and sell new and old things.
Within Next we drive growth and create value for Schibsted’s customers and users. Our four areas Growth, Financial Services, Next Media and Distribution, will secure that innovation prevails as part of Schibsted’s DNA.
As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today – and tomorrow.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society.
- Sist endret
- 4. okt 2019 05:10
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Laila Dahlen
Akersgata 55, Oslo, Norway, 0180 Oslo
- Sist endret
- 4. okt 2019 05:10