EHS AND SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
- ALCOA NORWAY ANS - HOLD CO
- EHS AND SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
- Frist utløpt
The Location Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager will manage the EHS aspects of the location to ensure compliance with government and local regulations & conformance with Alcoa?s EHS Policy, and maintain open communications with local environment interest groups and keep them apprised of our environmental activities and plans. The individual will lead, coach and facilitate a standardized and calibrated approach to Safety and Health system implementation, Human Performance (HP) integration and fatality prevention to mention a few.
- Reports to Location Plant Manager.
- Provides direction to location leadership, employees and contractor(s).
- Acts as the principal contacts for the EHS scope of work and execution with Alcoa Operations, Finance, Engineering, EHS & management. Participates in the site lead team activities.
- Maintains management level relationships with other participating entities responsible for performing services relating to the EHS aspects at the location, including contractors, community organizations, suppliers, sub-contractors and government agencies.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide focus, direction and technical expertise for the development of proactive EHS plans that are consistent with Alcoa?s Corporate EHS Policy, vision and values and in compliance with local, and government regulations.
- Utilizes Human Performance Principles to drive improvement across EHS for the site; help to drive the HP mindset to highlight the synergy between EHS and quality.
- Provide communication and training for site personnel and contractors that will ensure all levels understand their roles and functions for identifying and resolving EHS issues, complying with EHS regulations, and minimizing civil and criminal exposures of the plant, business unit, and Corporate personnel for plant EHS events and activities.
- Maintain awareness and pro-actively influencing emerging and existing EHS laws/regulations which may impact plant operation. Negotiating environmental permits that reflect cost effective process design, reasonable operating constraints, and are consistent with Corporate environmental policy and regulatory requirements.
- Define, develop and maintain appropriate studies, programs, and data bases that will provide Plant and BU management with pertinent knowledge of EHS impact and the basis for preventive/corrective action.
- Preparing and submitting in a timely fashion all required reports, documents, samples and data required by agencies to meet regulatory compliance obligations, including reports for signature by the appropriate signatory authority.
- Represent the plant on EHS matters as appropriate while maintaining cordial and credible relationships with legislative/regulatory agencies, local environmental interest groups and employees.
- Participates actively in investigation of EHS incidents.
- Provides oversight of location EHS ASAT
- Maintains and improves EHS management system.
- Develops and delivers necessary EHS training as required.
- Acts as a coach and develops other EHS team members, manages their work across the plant
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree in EHS or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years? experience in environmental, health and/or safety field in a manufacturing operation
- Must be fluent in Norwegian
- Able to work in a group that understands the need for flexibility and contingency planning to ensure proper execution of the project to a successful completion.
- Knowledge of Alcoa?s EHS standards and guidance for compliance, preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, group facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and organizational functions.
- Strong analytical skills are necessary to evaluate needs, mandated programs, EHS strategic plans and performance metrics to ensure continuous improvements
- Søknad merkes
- 8655 Mosjøen
- Industri og produksjon,
- Metaller og mineraler
Sikkerhet, Miljø, Helse, Budsjett ansvar, Personalansvar
- Sist endret
- 21. jan 2019 02:00