Managing Director (Norway) and Head of Operations (Uganda)
- Design without Borders Foundation
- Managing Director
- Frist utløpt
The job and the tasks to be done:
As a Managing Director at DwB, you will be in charge of both DwB-Norway and DwB-Uganda Ltd. The job is a 2 year commitment with the possibility to extend for 2 years at a time. We estimate that 60% of your time will be in Norway and 40% of your time will be in Uganda.
The main task is to guide DwB-Uganda Ltd towards becoming a self-financing and sustainable design consultancy by 2020. This requires strengthening the organization in Uganda in areas like administration, economy and human resources, in addition to continue developing subject matter expertise in design and design thinking. As the DwB-Uganda gets closer to its goals, the most important task will be to explore new possibilities and develop new arenas for the foundation.
The right candidate will be a collaborative leader who can maintain a big picture view of the business and can provide direction, inspiration, and experience to the Ugandan leadership and our community of designers. This role is vital, because you will be the glue in our organization. You will touch a little of everything, and your input will be invaluable in ensuring that our Ugandan design consultancy stays on track to financial sustainability by 2020, and that DwB is acknowledged internationally as a leading model for successful development work which involves solutions by locals for locals. You will also help us evolve and grow as we look for ways to fulfill the Foundation¿s mandate.
· To lead a Design Consultancy with 10 employees (mostly in Uganda), you will need experience as a leader with a proven record in leadership skills
· To work collaboratively with employees, organizations, companies and individuals in Uganda and Norway, you will need international work experience. It is also necessary that you have experience working in Norway or another Scandinavian country.
· To make Dwb-Uganda self-financing by 2020, you need business experience and relevant experience in sales, fundraising or other areas.
· To have a leading position in Design without Borders you need design knowledge and the ability to apply design thinking to the way you work with your team.
Qualifications, mindset and skills:
· A proven record in motivating others, creating a team spirit and maintaining a great place to work
· The capacity to supervise, follow-up and report on financial operations in Uganda and Norway
· Ability to empathize and engage with designers and help them look at things through a business lens
· Ability to build and nurture relationships across multiple networks using collaborative and empathic skills
· Strong analytical skills and exemplary time management/organizational skills
· Great communication and negotiation skills, bringing together different views, personalities, goals, and needs, and helping different stakeholders find business alignment and growth
· Background from working in developing countries, East Africa in particular, is a plus
Design without Borders is founded with the conviction that design and designers can contribute to improving lives of people in low and middle-income countries and areas of crisis. Design without Borders is both an independent non-profit foundation in Norway (DwB-Norway) and a commercial design consultancy in Uganda (DwB-Uganda Ltd).
DwB-Norway is responsible for fundraising and overseeing the implementation of the donor funded programs. DwB-Uganda Ltd provides design services and design training in Uganda. We work with local enterprises and entrepreneurs, international organizations, design students and small and medium sized businesses.
- 0157 Oslo
- Ideelle organisasjoner,
Design, international, fundraising, development, business
- Sist endret
- 4. mai 2018 16:01
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Ole Christian Kleppe
- Chairman of the Board
- Vis telefonnummer
- Sist endret
- 4. mai 2018 16:01