Naval Architect / Marine Engineer
- GPO Heavylift AS
- Project Engineer
We are looking for an engineer to work in the company’s Engineering Department, supporting the company’s Chartering and Operation Departments and our Heavylift Vessels. The successful candidate should thrive with multidiscipline tasks and may expect to switch between different disciplines and projects within short periods of time.
The main work will be technical/engineering tasks required for loading, transporting and discharging of Cargo by the company’s ships in addition to support tender work. This includes:
- Performing various marine analysis such as stability calculations (Autoship/Autohydro), motion response analysis (Octopus) and strength analysis (FEM)
- Designing cribbing and seafastening arrangements for transports, prepare drawings of same
- Preparation of feasibility studies and transport manuals
- Communication with chartering, operations, the ships and subcontractors
- Contribute to developing the Engineering Department and its procedures
- Contribute to quality management work in the company
- Technical B.Sc./M.Sc. graduate of Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering
- Preferably 3 years relevant working experience
- Relevant qualifications within maritim industry or oil and gas
- Good English communication skills – both oral and writing
Personal Qualities & Characteristics:
- Good communications- and cooperation skills
- Ability to work independently while having multidiscipline understanding
- Willing to rapidly handle unsolved problems
- Flexible related to working tasks and working time – some traveling expected
GPO Heavylift AS is a small organization where all employees work closely together. We can offer interesting working tasks in an international environment.
Our office is centrally placed in Oslo.
For further information, please contact us
GPO Heavylift Ltd. was established in 2014 for the purpose to provide worldwide heavy transportation solutions. The company has four new Semi-Submersible Heavylift Vessels suitable for dry transportation of offshore rigs, offshore/onshore modules and other heavy cargo. GPO Heavylift AS in Norway is performing the commercial management that includes marketing and chartering of the vessels, engineering of operations, supervise loading and discharge operations and follow up vessels during the transports. We are now looking for a naval architect/marine engineer to work in the company engineering department.
- 0252 Oslo
- Olje og gass,
- Transport og logistikk
- Ingeniør / Marinteknikk / Naval architecture
Heavylift, Marine, Engineering, transport, shipping, marin
|Sist endret||11. apr 2019 13:41|