The IT department is responsible for operation of DeepOcean`s central IT services, including storage systems, servers and central data center infrastructure. We are looking for people who can participate in operating and developing IT operations and provide secure and efficient solutions for internal and external users.
The senior IT consultant's main role is to safely monitor and manage the Data center. In addition, more specialized responsibilities may be assigned according to professional skills, experience, education or certification, such as IT security and contingency planning.
Today`s key infrastructure is based on solutions from Microsoft, VMware, Checkpoint, Veeam`s Backup Exec, HPE (3PAR) and SAN networks (Brocade).
- Continuously monitor day to day operations and procedures for data storage and backup.
- Ensure efficient backup and retention of onshore and offshore data.
- Protect the data center against network intrusion and data breaches.
- Managing and installing software upgrades (patching).
- Planning for capacity changes.
- Quoting and purchasing of infrastructure management systems and hardware.
- Replacing servers and migrate file shares when required.
- Continuously work to improve current technology and IT solutions.
- Participate as a permanent member in the Change Advisory Board.
- Take part in the development and implementation of new IT applications and databases.
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent IT background.
- MCP and relevant MCSE certifications.
- Demonstrable experience in a data center related role.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to engage in constructive dialogue.
- IT enthusiast.
- Focus on security, efficiency and simplicity.
- Willingness and ability to cope with a hectic schedule.
- Service minded.
- Happy to share knowledge and ideas.
- Forward-looking and ambitious on one's own and DeepOcean's behalf.
- Competitive terms
- Extensive insurance coverage and attractive pension schemes
- Employee welfare
- Professional development
- Varied career opportunities