1 year maternity leave cover
Primary focus of the role is to manage a portfolio of Dynabeads products in the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) / In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) business. The position involves cross functional collaboration and coordination, as well as, close contact to field business development and strategic market development.
The Product Manager has contact with internal and external customers, and serves on cross-functional teams to provide expertise and to represent customer perspective and needs.
Ensure that products are managed through the entire product life cycle from development through the entire sales cycle and termination. Be the main point of contact internally for all product issues, for example customer requests and complaints, and provide a timely answer directly, or through the business development team, to the customer.
• Product Life Cycle management of assigned product portfolio
• Assess market needs and drive new product introductions
• Collaborate with R&D and other internal functions as required
• Analyze competitor landscape
• File and ensure complaint handling are done according to procedures
• Coordinate and manage product troubleshooting projects
• Current, Accurate and Complete tracking of projects
• Be the single point of contact for product coordination internally
• Escalate issues and concerns to the leadership team within OEM/IVD business
• Experience with product management in a business to business setting
• 3-5 years commercial experience (sales or marketing)
• Requires a BSc. (MSc. preferred) in biotechnology or similar field
• Ability to manage the products through the product life cycle
• Analytical and problem solving capabilities and follow through skills
• Good presentation and communication skills in written and spoken English
• Ability to balance and prioritize projects in accordance with customer needs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently
Occasional travel may be needed.
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better. The company has historical sales of approximately $3.6 billion, employs 9500 people, has a presence in more than 110 countries, and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses.
LifeTechnologies AS was established in 1986 (as Dynal) and is the industry leader in magnetic bead technologies that are used in cell separation and purification, cell stimulation, protein research, nucleic acid research and microbiology.
The Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) / In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) business segment supplies diagnostics companies with key technologies and tools for use in molecular and immunodiagnostic assays.