Specialist Fish Immunology
- Skretting AI
- Specialist Fish Immunology
Skretting Aquaculture Innovation is currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled Specialist Fish Immunology with expertise in cell culture to join our dynamic research team. In this role, you will be a key player in the development of novel solutions for our fast growing aquafeed operations world-wide.
As Specialist Fish Immunologist, you will play a crucial role in advancing our understanding of fish immunology and biology. The primary focus of this role is to contribute to research projects aimed at documenting the immunological responses of fish to different diets and ingredients. The successful candidate will utilize their expertise in cell culture techniques to explore the intricacies of fish immune systems and enhance our knowledge of factors influencing fish health.
We are looking for a scientist to join our Biotechnology team for a 24 months temporary assignment.
The work will take place in our innovative and radical Research Centre, the Skretting Bubble.
- Conduct in-depth studies to investigate and document the immunological and biological responses of fish to various diets and ingredients
- Set-up various cell culture models using commercial cell lines as well as primary cells
- Manage collaborative projects with internal and external partners
- Communicate results and findings to our key stakeholders
- Play a key part in the evolution of aquafeeds.
What we ask and what you bring:
- Holding a PhD in Fish Immunology /Aquatic biology or related field
- Experience with cell culture techniques and setting-up new cell culture models
- Experience in developing and optimizing new methods
- Experience in experiment design and data analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders, internal and external
- Fluency in English
What helps you thrive in our work environment
- An innovative mindset, including a hands-on, proactive and target-oriented mentality.
- Being self-driven and flexible, with the ability to build trust with people of different background.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
What we offer
A progressive and innovative workplace in a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed. Join a well-established team of fish and shrimp researchers, and a global network of aquaculture specialists. Our values of trust, inclusivity, curiosity, integrity, and passion are important to us, and our culture is strongly characterized by them. We have a diverse and inclusive work environment, empowering everyone to contribute with ideas and to take action. We support career development, to expand your knowledge and expertise, and to optimize your potential.
What else is in it for you
We offer a challenging position with possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health, and cultural activities. The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity. The working language is English.
As Skretting our mission is ‘feeding the future’. In a world with limited natural resources, our ambition is to meet the rising food needs of a growing world population in a sustainable manner. Working for Skretting means an impactful role in an international, dynamic environment with complex and diverse topics.
Are you the candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by applying online. Please attach your CV, diploma and a cover letter describing your motivation for the position by pressing apply. For more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Delphine Crappe, Team Lead Biotechnology & Manager the Bubble or Stine Lerstøl, HR Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 29.12.2023
Skretting, a Nutreco company, is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tons. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Innovation is the global research organization for Skretting. The research Centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting AI employs an international team of over 120 highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe. Core competencies are nutrition, health, feed production and research methodologies.
- Sjøhagen 3, 4016 Stavanger
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Matvareproduksjon og -industri
|19. jan. 2024 14:20