Sustainability Officer - one-year temporary position
- Sustainability Officer
Jotun AS is looking for a person with an interest in environmental sustainability and the role our products have in a holistic perspective.
The Group Product Safety Department (GPS) is located at Jotun’s Headquarter in Sandefjord, Norway.
We are an international environment where product and chemical safety, life cycle assessments (LCA), and environmental product declarations (EPD) are important. The requirements for product safety documentation are increasing and we are contributing to the transition of a safer and more sustainable industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing Green Building Solution documentation.
- Generate, maintain, and verify EPDs.
- Carry out LCAs simulations, comparisons, and analysis.
What We Look For And What We Offer
A degree in natural/environmental sciences like biology, ecology, chemistry, or other relevant backgrounds. Knowledge and experience with Life Cycle Assessment is an advantage.
To succeed and thrive here, this would describe you well:
- Like to work structured and efficient and takes initiative.
- Thrives with both independent work and teamwork in a highly competent working environment.
- Fluency in English.
We believe that the following personal competencies are important in this position:
- Excellent communication skills – you will interact with stakeholders across the organisation.
- The ability to act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
- Being able to use a methodical and systematic approach, define clear priorities, and allocate resources effectively.
- Quickly understanding and analysing complex issues and problems; and come up with sound and rational judgments.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participate in continuous professional development.
- The ability to co-operate well with others; share knowledge, experience, and information; support others in the pursuit of team goals.
A friendly and supportive culture! Jotun is a large and dynamic global community present in over 100 countries. At Jotun we are part of a caring global family, and we are proud of our informal work environment with few hierarchies. We are always striving to live our values: Loyalty, Care, Respect, and Boldness.
A professional and supportive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation is important to us. Our story is one of innovating and reinventing processes and concepts with the purpose of creating better and more sustainable products that will have a positive impact in the world.
For almost a century, Jotun has protected property – from iconic buildings to beautiful homes. As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of paints and coatings, we combine high quality with creativity and innovations.
Jotun’s global headquarters is located in Sandefjord, Norway, Here Jotun Norway has 1000 employees working in state-of-the-art facilities covering services from local factory operations at Vindal, to global product development in our new research and development centre at Gimle, one of the largest privately owned R&D centres in Northern Europe. The administration centre for both West Europe and Scandinavia is located in Sandefjord, together with our local Norwegian operations.
We provide a wide range of career opportunities, within areas such as finance and administration, IT, sales and marketing, supply chain, engineering, technical, and research and development.
Jotun is committed to an ambitious growth strategy. We believe that real value in our companies is our employees, both as individuals and as teams. We focus on providing our employees with meaningful and challenging work, rewarding them through continued learning and development, driven by our values Loyalty, Care, Respect and Boldness.
Visit our Career Page to know more about life at Jotun.
Jotun’s company culture welcomes and values differences in people. Our more than 10,200 employees on all continents represent 90 nationalities, four generations and diversity of professions, gender, abilities, ethnicities, beliefs, cultures etc. We are committed to represent the societies we operate in, promoting equality, equity and zero-tolerance for discrimination.
If you are applying to a position and require any additional support in the interview process, please let us know how we can accommodate this.
If you think that this role is what you could be doing next, apply now!
- HYSTADVEIEN 167, 3209 Sandefjord
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør
Compliance, Documentation, Sustainability, Chemistry, Environmental
|17. jan. 2024 14:40