Chemical safety documentation in an exciting global company
- Product Safety Documentation Officer
Group Product Safety in Jotun AS is looking for a Product Safety Documentation Officer to join our team for a one-year temporary position.
Our team is responsible for safety documentation and chemical compliance worldwide. The requirements for product safety documentation and efficient solutions are increasing and we are working together for a safer and more sustainable industry.
We are searching for a team member with an interest in chemical regulations, hazard classification and product safety. You should be curious and motivated to continuously adapt to exciting new challenges using digital tools. This includes handling and approval of chemical data, generating compliant safety data sheets, ensuring correct hazard labelling of all paints and powder coatings, product notification, transport regulations and other related tasks. We support all Jotun companies worldwide to ensure safe use of chemicals in their region.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle chemical data, introducing new substances and raw materials using several digital tools.
- Ensure a high quality of information in our databases.
- Evaluate chemical data and generate safety data sheets (SDS) and hazard labels.
- Publish and keep safety data sheets up to date.
- Provide support to colleagues and customers on issues related to product safety documentation and hazard classification.
- Improve processes related to product safety documentation.
- Follow up chemical regulations to contribute to product compliance.
A degree in environmental sciences like biology, ecology, chemistry, or other relevant backgrounds. Knowledge and experience with safety data sheets and hazard classification of chemicals is an advantage.
- To succeed and thrive here, this would describe you well:
- Like to work structured and efficient and take initiative.
- Thrives with both independent work and teamwork in a highly competent working environment.
- Quality-oriented and will help lay the foundation for further growth.
- Interest in digital tools - and ease of adopting them. Fluency in English.
We believe that the following personal competencies are important in these positions:
- Excellent communication skills – you will interact with stakeholders across the organisation.
- The ability to act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
- Being able to use a methodical and systematic approach, define clear priorities, and allocate resources effectively.
- Quickly understanding and analysing complex issues and problems; and come up with sound and rational judgments.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participate in continuous professional development.
- The ability to co-operate well with others; share knowledge, experience, and information; support others in the pursuit of team goals.
A friendly and supportive culture! Jotun is a large and dynamic global community present in over 100 countries. At Jotun we are part of a caring global family, and we are proud of our informal work environment with few hierarchies. We are always striving to live our values: Loyalty, Care, Respect, and Boldness.
A professional and supportive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation is important to us. Our story is one of innovating and reinventing processes and concepts with the purpose of creating better and more sustainable products that will have a positive impact in the world.
For almost a century, Jotun has protected property – from iconic buildings to beautiful homes. As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of paints and coatings, we combine high quality with creativity and innovations.
Jotun’s global headquarters is located in Sandefjord, Norway, Here Jotun Norway has 1000 employees working in state-of-the-art facilities covering services from local factory operations at Vindal, to global product development in our new research and development centre at Gimle, one of the largest privately owned R&D centres in Northern Europe. The administration centre for both West Europe and Scandinavia is located in Sandefjord, together with our local Norwegian operations.
We provide a wide range of career opportunities, within areas such as finance and administration, IT, sales and marketing, supply chain, engineering, technical, and research and development.
Jotun is committed to an ambitious growth strategy. We believe that real value in our companies is our employees, both as individuals and as teams. We focus on providing our employees with meaningful and challenging work, rewarding them through continued learning and development, driven by our values Loyalty, Care, Respect and Boldness.
Visit our Career Page to know more about life at Jotun.
Jotun’s company culture welcomes and values differences in people. Our more than 10,200 employees on all continents represent 90 nationalities, four generations and diversity of professions, gender, abilities, ethnicities, beliefs, cultures etc. We are committed to represent the societies we operate in, promoting equality, equity and zero-tolerance for discrimination.
If you are applying to a position and require any additional support in the interview process, please let us know how we can accommodate this.
If you think that this role is what you could be doing next, apply now!
- HYSTADVEIEN 167, 3209 Sandefjord
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør
Safety, Compliance, Chemistry, Ecology, Documentation
|17. jan. 2024 14:40