Join us in solving global energy challenges for future generations.
- Aker Solutions AS
- Senior Instrument Engineer
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Joining our team Electro, Instrument and Telecom (EIT) department offers you a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in our industry's most remarkable engineering projects. From massive and complex oil and gas EPC(I) topside projects like Valhall PWP and Hugin A/B, to FPSOs such as Johan Castberg, and groundbreaking carbon reduction efforts like Northern Lights, a CO2 capture and storage project. Other revolutionary engineering endeavors are within Hydrogen production, Hydropower and large-scale, deep-ocean fish farming. With us, you'll be part of pioneering feats of engineering that power the world's energy needs for tomorrow. Your journey with us is a path to not only a rewarding career but also a chance to make a tangible impact on the world. You won't just be part of a project; you'll be part of a collaborative and knowledgeable community, working together, across disciplines to solve intricate and dynamic engineering challenges. Here you can work in various project phases from concept, FEED, and detailed design to supporting fabrication and commissioning. At Aker Solutions, we've cultivated an environment where you can learn from the best and collaborate with diverse minds across engineering disciplines. Our commitment to learning and development is unwavering, and our extensive pool of knowledge and expertise within the organization is always at your fingertips. Together, we're shaping the future of energy, and we want you to be a part of it.
What will you be doing?
- Participating in studies and concept development in a variety of projects ranging from smaller Studies to Major Projects
- Being responsible for the overall automation system design
- Developing design philosophies, technical specifications, prepare inquiry documents, and quality assurance of technical documents
- Technical design evaluation and clarifications of 3rd party Instrument deliveries and be the driving force in the distribution of relevant supplier information throughout the project organization
- Ensuring discipline integration and coordination with other project disciplines and ensure that Instrument engineering is satisfactory to the internal and external customer needs
- Lead performance tests and other inspections at supplier’s premises
- Providing technical support to construction and commissioning
- Providing input for and making use of technical registers (COMOS, MIPS, Client systems, etc.)
- Ensuring that the expectations towards HMS and quality are fulfilled
- Taking actions towards our project execution model to meet the requirements in the project and ensure timely delivery of equipment and documentation.
We think you should have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree within relevant fields
- Solid knowledge of instrument systems, SAS systems, and multidiscipline knowledge of EIT (Electrical, Instrument, Telecom)
- 5+ years experience from projects within oil/gas, renewables, consultancy, complex civil constructions or similar
- Proactive and Team-player and ability to execute and take responsibility
- Ability to work in a global, cross-cultural environment
- Effective collaboration skills ensuring tight partnerships across the engineering disciplines and project support departments
- Strong communication skills to discuss technical issues with both technical and non-technical colleagues in an articulate and concise manner
- Fluency in written and spoken English
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and excellent career opportunities with the chance to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from oil and gas, renewables (carbon capture, hydrogen and offshore wind) to aqua culture
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible working conditions throughout the different phases of your life journey
- Competitive pay and benefits with excellent pension and insurance schemes as well as private health services provided by Aker Care
- Access to welfare club with free gym facilities, sports equipment hires and cabins for rent in the mountains and by the sea
- Possibility to work remotely/from home 1-3 days per week.
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Cathinka Nielsen Senior Advisor, NES Advantage Solutions, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Litvak, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, email; email@example.com
Only applicants with valid work visa will be reviewed.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
Semac background checks are performed on all final candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
- Snarøyveien 20, 1364 Fornebu
- Olje og gass,
- Kraft og energi,
- Maritim og offshore
- Ingeniør / Automasjon og instrument,
Instrument, Automation, Electrical, Project, EIT
|27. nov. 2023 09:25