Senior Contracts Engineer
- Moreld Ocean Wind
- Senior Contracts Engineer
The primary objective of this role is to perform Contract Management and Administration for the Project Manager on Projects and Studies to ensure supplier’s execution in compliance with contractual obligations and internal company requirements. This includes adherence to working standards according to HSE targets and policies, delivering work to the required quality, and achieving financial outcome in line with budgeted financial projections at completion.
It is further expected that this position will develop a positive relationship with key suppliers, working closely to secure project performance and maintaining close communication. This position shall also actively seek opportunities to enhance safety practices, improve execution methods, reduce risk and maximize results. The Senior Contracts Engineer shall propose, and where feasible, take an active part in implementing measures and initiatives aimed at improving the company’s performance and reinforcing its market position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and control all work related to establishing a sub-contracting strategy for fabrication, assembly and load out of the floating unit structures on relevant projects.
- Manage the planning of and the entire RFQ process towards subcontracts including negotiations up to award of contract.
- Manage contracts on behalf of the company to ensure project success and company business objectives are met.
- Develop an effective and robust logistic chain for transportation of fabricated elements to the final assembly yard
- Ensure project execution is organized and handled according to client and company HSEQ standards, specifications, and ethical norms.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks, identify opportunities for improvements and secure deliveries on agreed time and budget.
- Interface and communicate well with key suppliers to support project targets, also reinforcing company market position.
- Identify and develop opportunities for further business development with Client.
- Review proposed contracts to ensure an equitable risk allocation and identify potential contractual risks before committing to contracts.
- Draft contract proposals for both clients and suppliers.
- Ensure a rigorous change management process on all contracts.
- Advise Project Manager on contractual issues related to the project.
- Provide assistance to Contracts and Commercial Manager as required.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with all stakeholders including clients, company, partners, subcontractors and others.
In addition, the Senior Contracts Engineer will
- Serve as the Company representative towards key sub-suppliers in line with Authorization matrix
- Represent the project in internal and external matters as agreed with Project Manager and in line with Authorisation matrix.
- Execute the sub-contracting strategy and manage the organization according to Company policies.
- Relevant technical and/or economic university degree
- Long and relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Min. 5 years from relevant project work from the oil and gas or renewable business.
- Experience in managing contractors on behalf of clients.
- Knowledge of both Norwegian and international contracts, particularly UK and EU formats.
- Proficiency in contractual terms, especially related to large fabrication and assembly contracts.
- Experience in contract drafting and ITT processes
- Commercial and contractual interest and understanding.
- Ability to establish and develop well-functioning teams.
- Result-driven with a systematic and analytical approach to tasks
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written in both Norwegian and English
We can offer
We can offer a veryengaged and supportive working environment, acompetitive salary, andgood insight into a new and up and coming industry!
- Moseidsletta 122, 4033 Stavanger
- Industri og produksjon,
- Konsulent og rådgivning
- Kontor og administrasjon
Contracts Engineer, Ocean Wind, Sustainability
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Gyri Haave Nilsen
- Contracts & Commercial Manager
- 95 70 05 16
- Margrete Adamsson
Moseidsletta 122, 4033 Stavanger
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2023 13:32|