Principal Engineer - Process Safety
- Principal Engineer - Process Safety
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for a Principal Process Engineer within process safety and flare system design to strengthen our portfolio of execution projects and FEEDs. You should be willing and able to both execute design work and lead group of specialists.
About the position
In this role, you will significantly contribute to the timely delivery of projects by ensuring that the process systems are safely designed and in accordance with regulatory and client requirements. This requires both strong technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset. Your will foster a positive and collaborative work environment by guiding and motivating your colleagues.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Design and mature process systems, especially within process safety and flare/closed drain
- Perform evaluations, simulations, calculations, and documentation that support your design and the project schedule
- Establish a close working relationship with interfacing process system designers, interfacing disciplines and the client.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to the supporting System Engineer(s)
- Prepare and participate in HAZOP and reviews. It is expected that you defend your design in the reviews and effectively close out actions
- Lead a group of process engineers within process safety and flare system design
- Build a strong team through resource planning and evaluation of new candidates
- Higher technical education chemical/process engineering (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Team lead ambitions and experience
- Minimum 8 years process design experience in oil and gas
- Strong competence within process safety and flare system design
- Proven track record on delivering on quality and time in execution projects and FEEDs
- Experience from NCS or Norwegian onshore projects is an advantage
- Establish good relations with colleagues, suppliers, and the client
- Inspire and support your team members to deliver at their best
- Effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and can express yourself clearly
- Actively seek advice, share your experiences, and collaborate seamlessly with colleagues
- Committed to meeting deadlines and maintaining high-quality standards
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Section Manager Ragnhild Bjertnas Strand, 419 05 048, ragnhild.bjertnas.strand at aibel.com.
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
Principal Engineer, Process Safety, Team, Design
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2023 12:16|