We are looking for a Expert, System Development & Design
- Wärtsilä Norway AS
- Expert, System Development & Design
Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Are you interested in working with the decarbonization of the shipping industry, including creating vessel solutions with new green fuels? At our office in Stord, Norway we are looking for an Expert, System Development & Design to join our Initial Design team to develop innovative and sustainable marine propulsion systems.
The preferred location for the position is in Stord (Norway), but other Marine Power locations can be considered. The position is permanent.
What you will be doing
In this position, your work will be focused on developing integrated power generation and propulsion systems for marine applications, that fulfill customers’ technical and economical requirements and support Wärtsilä’s strategy towards decarbonization of the maritime industry. You will not be working on this alone, even though the work requires a high level of independence. You will have support from the other teams within Integrated System and Solutions and from the Sales Teams of the assigned Sales opportunities.
For us to be the best match, we expect you to have good knowledge about marine power generation and propulsion systems, and experience in identifying and managing customers’ requirements. As an ideal candidate, you have gained experience in customer relations and knowledge of the Wärtsilä Marine portfolio. For you to succeed in the position, we hope you are familiar with data analytics and the integration of complex mechanical systems.
As Expert, System Development & Design, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Identify alternative machinery concepts for propulsion and electric power generation and conversion,
- with a strong focus on identified customer values.
- Develop machinery concepts based on a strong Data-Driven Design approach and evaluate alternative concepts through system simulation tools.
- Participate actively in customer meetings for the assigned sales opportunities, with the ability to understand customers' values and requirements, and present machinery concepts meeting these.
- Participate in Co-Creation projects with ship owners, ship designers, and other stakeholders.
- Support the Integration Management team in the creation of Functional Specifications.
- Maintain open and active communications with a network of relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to development studies on innovative marine propulsion technologies.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Strong technical knowledge in Integration and Marine Systems.
- Strong collaboration skills, customer service mindset, and team player with a willingness to work across organizational boundaries and directly with sales and customers.
- Goon communication and presentation skills
- Good Wärtsilä product knowledge and solid business and customer understanding.
- Out-of-the-box thinking and innovative mindset.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and self-manage the workload.
- Good financial understanding & commercial orientation.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Relevant academic background, preferably M.Sc. degree in Engineering and/or Naval Architecture.
In this role, some travel is required to meet with our customers around the world. Thus, we hope you to be ready to travel occasionally, even though most of the meetings are held virtually.
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
We have an amazing team and we are excited about our work and the impact it has on building sustainable societies. We are looking to find a colleague with this shared passion for smart technologies and a sustainable future.
Contact & next steps
We hope to hear from you soon, by submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process throughout.
For further questions please reach out to Terje Nordtun, Team Leader, Initial Design at +47 95109769, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Luca Boaro, General Manager, Initial Design at +39 334 6283428, email email@example.com with any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Welcome to join us in shaping the decarbonisation of marine and energy!
At Wärtsilä we value, respect, and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shapes the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.
- Wichmannveien 3, 5420 Rubbestadneset
- Maritim og offshore
- Design / Interiør
Ingeniør, Skipsingeniør, Skipsteknologi, Systemoptimalisering
|Sist endret||23. nov. 2023 13:05|