- Project Engineer
As as project engineer in Havfram you will be part of the offshore wind engineering department at our office in Oslo.
You will work on one of the offshore wind projects Havfram has secured for their two newbuild wind turbine installation vessels.
Personal and professional development is gained through on-the-job training and participation in our projects. You will be part of an experienced group, with a long track record in offshore wind and will be given a unique opportunity to work in a growing, future oriented industry.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Project Engineer needs to be adaptable, flexible, and able to perform many different functions in several areas
- Generate a positive working environment with all you work with and for
- Working within a project team but from time to time you will be required to perform other duties (e.g., tender support, studies, business management system development, review sessions not related to projects)
- Example of typical documentation to be produced: lift plans, marine procedures, method statements, stability analysis, and motion analysis
- Provide input to project risk identification, assessment, and management process
- Responsible for follow-up of subcontractors’ design and fabrication
- Deliver consistent, efficient, and high-quality engineering, driving safety and overall performance of the company.
- Mainly office-based work, but you will have the opportunity to work as offshore project engineer onboard Havfram’s wind turbine installation vessels in fabrication yards and loadout ports throughout Europe and other potential markets.
- Engineering Degree, (Master, Bachelor or equivalent)
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and practices.
- Pragmatic and collaborative mindset
- Self-starter and at the same time with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Good workload and time management skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Results oriented with the ability to act decisively.
- Excellent organisational skills
We can offer
- A company with high ambitions which is taking an active part in reducing the world’s carbon emissions by developing services within the offshore wind supply chain
- At Havfram you will find an engaged workplace alongside professionals across the globe
- People who are committed to excellence, developing their professional experience as they deliver organizational outcomes
- An open collaborative workplace where you can have immediate impact.
- A competitive total compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- A flexible organization characterized by direct lines of communication and swift decision-making processes
- Great working environment in a dynamic and international organization
- Opportunity for physical exercise during work hours
- The role can be based in either Oslo and Stavanger
Havfram is a leader in transport and installation of offshore wind turbines, for both bottom fixed and floating constructions.
Offshore Wind is a fast growing and competitive renewable energy source that will play a vital role in the ongoing energy transition. Our clients, the world’s largest energy companies, are building offshore wind farms to drive the necessary change to harvest clean energy from renewables.
Sustainability has been in Havfram’s DNA since its inception. Havfram is committed to the renewable energy generation. We believe that harnessing the power of offshore wind will contribute to a low-carbon future. Havfram currently has a fleet of two hybrid Wind Turbine Installation Vessels (WTIVs) under construction, due to go into operations from 2026. By building state-of-the-art Wind Turbine Installation Vessels with the lowest emission profile in the industry, we aim to minimize the ecological impact our business puts upon the environments we operate in.
At Havfram, we recognize that the journey towards a sustainable future is inseparable from the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to fostering an environment that values and respects individuals from all walks of life. We welcome and appreciate all applications regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, and disabilities.
Our most valuable asset is our people. At Havfram you will be given the opportunity to actively engage in shaping the future of the young and growing offshore wind industry, you may invest in your own future with building your expertise and you will contribute to a rich and diverse work culture.
Havfram, established in 2022 is headquartered in Oslo with offices in Stavanger and Perth, Australia, currently employing 50+ people. The company is majority owned by Sandbrook Capital, a leading climate fund led by an experienced team determined to combine consistent financial returns and real climate impact. Together, we are building an industry-leading company that enables the world to consume clean energy.
- Karenslyst Allé 53, 0279 Oslo
- Flere arbeidssteder
- 4313 Sandnes
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass,
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2023 11:01|