Principal Process Engineer - Compressor System Design
- Principal Process Engineer - Compressor System Design
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for a Principal Process Engineer within compressor system design to strengthen our portfolio of execution projects and FEEDs.
About the position
In this role, you will significantly contribute to the timely delivery of projects by ensuring the functionality of the compressor systems and that the compressor supplier delivers accordingly. You will further ensure that both Aibel and the supplier delivers in accordance with regulatory and client requirements. This requires both strong technical understanding and a multidisciplinary mindset. Your will foster a positive and collaborative work environment by guiding and motivating your colleagues.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Develop and secure the technical and functional integrity of the compressor process system
- Perform evaluations, simulations, calculations, and documentation that support your design and the project schedule
- Ensure that the process requirements are adhered to by the compressor supplier
- Review supplier documentation, verify interfaces and participate in supplier’s compressor verifications and testing activities
- Identify and resolve interfaces, especially towards the Package Responsible Engineer, Automation and Piping & Layout
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to the supporting System Engineer(s)
- Prepare and participate in HAZOP and reviews. It is expected that you defend your design in the reviews and effectively close out actions
- Higher technical education chemical/process engineering (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Minimum 8 years process design experience in oil and gas
- Strong competence within compressor system design
- Proven track record on delivering on quality and time in execution projects and FEEDs
- Experience from NCS or Norwegian onshore projects is an advantage
- Establish good relations with colleagues, suppliers, and the client
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and can express yourself clearly.
- Seek advice, share your experiences, and collaborate seamlessly with colleagues.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and maintaining high-quality standards.
- Eager to improve our ways of working
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Section Manager Ragnhild Bjertnas Strand, 419 05 048, ragnhild.bjertnas.strand at aibel.com.
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 31.12.2023
Process, Compressor System Design, Principal Engineer
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2023 11:06|