Evangelist - Data and Flow Architect
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen
- Senior Manager - Data and Analytics Architecture
Constantly improving our ways of working and processes, we aim towards making technology and information even more scalable, accessible, affordable, and available to the organization and our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Manager profile passioned about data and benefits of a data driven approach and culture. The ideal candidate will easily identify with the term Data and Flow Architect and know how to play a key role in driving connected data being embedded in every decision. You will be a part of the unit Global Digital Platforms.
Supporting our strategy on “Lead with Technology”, we run the full IT Enterprise Estate in Azure, and are well positioned to further harvest off the massive offerings coming our way. Being an asset heavy industry, we also have a substantial footprint in the connected asset space, even cutting-edge adoptions, and with “unlimited” growth potential.
We are a small core team of about 10 FTE, with key ambitions of delivering high performance, have fun, optimize work life balance, and feed the curiosity.
- Being an evangelist for data and benefits of a data-driven approach and culture.
- Lead the definition of the methodology, roadmap, and target data architectures.
- Lead the definition of the enterprise data model ensuring a flow of data within and between business areas.
- Shaping our Microsoft Fabric platform into a true data democratization tool enabling standardization, automation and robotization.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- MSc/BS/BA in relevant field - Computer Science, Engineering e.g.
5+ years of experience in:
- Data Management Strategy related to Big-Data, EDW and/or distributed processing platforms
- Experience in building Data Lake foundations/platforms and associated analytics & services (MS Azure, AWS, Snowflake, Hadoop, etc.)
- Very strong experience and knowledge of MS Azure Cloud Platform and data management components is mandatory
- Hands-on experience with Data Modelling Techniques and Master Data Management as well with multiple components of the Microsoft Power Platform (Apps, Automate and BI)
- ETL/ELT experience in traditional data (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.) plus timeseries (ADX, KQL etc.) and/or Big Data platform using Hadoop ecosystem – Spark, Hive Pig, Sqoop, Flume etc.)
- Heavy hands-on experience with BI tools (architecture, design, and delivery) primarily Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with Data management on public cloud hosting services (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Deep knowledge in architectural patterns for integration and data exchange
- Transportation and logistics background is a plus
- Open-minded, curious, and approachable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders, verbally and in writing
- Customer and end-user focused, good organisational understanding.
- Flexible and adaptable – used to working in an Agile way, you embrace change
What will you get from working with us?
- Varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- Modern office facilities with our own top notch in-house canteen, parking, equipped gym facilities and activity offers like Kayak rental, Pilates, football, running and boot camps
- Premium health, life, and travel insurance, in addition to access to online medical service
- Defined contribution pension
- On-site fitness classes
- Flexible work schedules
- Company cabins in e.g., the Norwegian mountains, Swedish coast, Copenhagen, and Barcelona
- Access to free online courses
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- Paid parental leave and compassionate leave
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a 160-year-old start-up, aiming for zero-emission shipping and logistics solutions. We are a market leader in RoRo (Roll on Roll off) shipping and vehicle logistics, and our job is to connect and expand sustainable world trade, with assets and services that take care of everything from the procurement of materials through to products reaching the end customer. At sea, we have more than 130 vessels operating 15 trade routes across six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, more than 66 processing centers, and 8 terminals. Our global family consists of 9577 people across 28 countries that are working on vessels and at ports, processing centers, and offices.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WAWI) is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and the group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC.
- Strandveien 20, 1366 Lysaker
- Transport og logistikk
- Forretningsutvikling og strategi,
- IT utvikling / Systemarkitekt
Evangelist, Data driven approach, MS Azure, Strategic and hands-on, Data modeling
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Knut Krogsæter
- 93 01 92 89
- Katrin Vestgøte
- 48 20 59 49
Strandveien 20, 1366 Lysaker
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2023 13:12|