Wärtsilä is looking for a Senior Technical Expert!
- Wärtsilä Norway AS
- Senior Technical Expert
Senior Technical Expert (NO)
Her er en mulighet til å komme med i ett spennende team som har høg teknisk kompetanse og som jobber med support på propellere og vannjet som er installert i all slags type båter rundt om i verden. Du får muligheten til å være med i ett dynamisk team der arbeidsoppgavene omhandler i hovedsak å gi tekniske råd for problemløsning til å være med å utvikle løsninger for forbedring.
Vi i Teknisk Service opprettholder, utvikler, gjør tilgjengelig teknisk kunnskap/ ekspertise, samt analysere hendelser og gir tilbakemelding. Teknisk Service Propulsion ivaretar sikker drift for Wärtsilä-kunder ved å tilby teknisk support i løpet av livssyklusen på gear, propellere, vannjet og kontroll systemer levert av Wärtsilä. Denne stillingen krever i utgangspunktet at du har relevant teoretisk utdannelse på ingeniørnivå, men erfaring kan veie opp for manglende relevant utdanning. Dine engelskkunnskaper er gode, både muntlig og skriftlig. Som person er du kundefokusert, service innstilt, fleksibel, har gode samarbeidsevner og har evne til å jobbe systematisk.
Senior Technical Expert (EN)
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Senior Technical Expert to strengthen our skilled Technical Services team in Rubbestadneset, Norway.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Technical Expert, you will find yourself in the technical heart of the exciting world of the maritime industry. You will provide the highest level of technical support for our propulsion products to our customers and other stakeholders for our installations, handling maintenance and troubleshooting for all propellers, waterjets, and energy saving devices in the Marine Power portfolio.
Our Technical Services team ensures customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time technical support enabled by world-class competences in propulsion equipment. The propulsion products consist of a variety of steerable- and transverse thrusters, controllable pitch propellers, reduction gears, water jets, reduction gearboxes, rudders, and advanced control systems.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by providing on-time support in accordance with Wärtsilä quality.
- Handling technical requests received from external and internal customers for support on installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and repair activities worldwide.
- Providing input for product improvement and creating Service Bulletins.
- Participating in and performing root cause analyses.
- Performing expert technical field investigations and screening of field service reporting.
- Participating in and contributing to product development activities.
- Closely cooperating with partner teams within Technical Service Propulsion and Expert Services to enable efficient world-class support.
The below will enable you to succeed in this role:
- B. Sc. or M. Sc. in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong experience with mechanics, hydraulics, machinery controls, and propulsion systems/rotary equipment.
- Relevant experience with marine equipment operations and/or installation and maintenance will be considered an advantage.
- Technical reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- A structured, analytical, and proactive way of working.
- A customer-oriented and service-minded approach.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in Dutch and/or Norwegian will be considered an advantage.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient, safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
- Wichmannvegen 3, 5420 Rubbestadneset
- Delvis hjemmekontor
- Maritim og offshore
- Ingeniør / Marinteknikk / Naval architecture,
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
|1. jan. 2024 13:32