Bli en del av fremtiden med Tampnet som VSAT Engineer! ??
- Tampnet AS
- VSAT Engineer
We are now looking for a VSAT Engineer, Satellite Services to join Tampnet!
By joining Tampnet, you will be a part of an exciting Company with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will be part of a group with talented individuals who work together across geographies on common objectives that all culminate in one goal: always to take Tampnet to new levels. We are proud to be the worldwide leading offshore communications provider contributing to making the planet greener while improving people's lives.
Our values are to be dedicated, caring, show integrity, be innovative and reliable. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Tampnet.
As a part of Tampnet’s ESG responsibility, we have the ambition to build a strong, diverse, and inclusive company culture with a focus on gender equality. Our mission is to close the gender gap, promote equality, and contribute to a sustainable future for business and society.
By 2025 our target is to reach 30% women in Tampnet, and that is why we strive to achieve 1 of 3 candidates to be women in our final candidate pool.
Our values are to be dedicated, caring, show integrity, be innovative, and be reliable. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Tampnet.
Locations (we are open to hire in one of the below countries)
- The Netherlands
Main responsibility and tasks
- Work closely with the Network and Services departments
- Design and improvements of the satellite solutions and network infrastructure
- Design, implementation and commissioning of customer solutions
- Contribute to the design of satellite solutions as an integrated part of Tampnet’s portfolio
- Provide technical support to the sales team throughout the sales-cycle including where necessary, customer visits
- Collaborate with the various technical verticals such as LoS, Optical, Mobile, MPLS and Subsea Fibre
- Operate and maintain satellite network infrastructure
- Monitor overall network performance and initiate projects to improve network monitoring and Operational Support Systems (OSS)
- Perform general operational duties
- Coordination of planned work activities in the network
- Establishing procedures and documentation for technical and operational use
- Participate in projects as required
- Analysing network events / incidents & problem solving
- Perform hands-on technical support and provide after hours on-call as needed
- Represent Tampnet in a professional manner while following all customer policies
- Contribute to a positive work environment in the team / department
- Perform other technical tasks within his/her area of expertise
- Minimum 5 year experience in VSAT systems, networks and relevant background
- Minimum 3 years' experience in offshore communications environment
- Bachelor's degree
- High degree of analytical skills in troubleshooting communications networks
- High degree of current and relevant network knowledge
- Flexible, reliable, inquisitive and proactive
- High degree of organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to cope with a high pace of work in a hectic environment.
- Structured, ability to work independently and possess good collaborative skills.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
We can offer
- Unique opportunity to be exposed to the full life cycle of offshore telecom infrastructure development
- Opportunity to influence the development and operation of critical international telecom infrastructure
- One of the country's most exciting and versatile jobs within offshore telecom
- Fun @ work
- Permanent full-time position
- Exciting and challenging work environment and tasks
- Career opportunities
- International environment with exiting expat opportunities
- Good opportunities to stay up to date on leading technology and working methods
- Modern office space, centrally located in Stavanger
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A social working environment with teambuilding events and network building
- We offer flexible work hours so that you can collect potential kids or attend shows or similar at school or kindergarten when needed
Headquartered in Stavanger, Norway Tampnet owns and operates the world’s largest offshore high-capacity communication network in the North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, serving customers within Oil & Gas, Wind Energy, Maritime and Carrier sectors with first class telecommunications. With offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, USA, Brazil and Trinidad & Tobago, Tampnet connects offshore installations to redundant and reliable terrestrial networks with high capacity and low latency (high speed).
Tampnet also installs and operates offshore 4G LTE coverage networks enabling roaming and the digital transformation and internet of things (IoT) on offshore oil & gas platforms, offshore windfarms and service vessels and other commercial vessels.
Tampnet International Carrier is Tampnet’s European and transatlantic fibre infrastructure network, passing through eight selected countries. Tampnet International Carrier is all about connectivity, capacity, speed, and milliseconds – data transfer with minimum delay - without compromising quality and reliability. Our unique network routes connect 30 vital data centres in 12 European and American cities and central hubs.
- Jåttåvågveien 7, Stadionblokk C, 4020 Stavanger
- Olje og gass,
VSAT, Satelittkommunikasjon, Telekommunikasjon, infrastruktur, Satelittteknologi
|Sist endret||17. nov. 2023 11:52|