Do you want to be a driving force for continuous improvement work?
- Elkem ASA Carbon
- EBS Director
Elkem Carbon Solutions (ECS) current EBS Director (Elkem Business System - LEAN) is taking on new challenges in Elkem and we are searching for her replacement.
Do you want to be a driving force for continuous improvement work? Do you have experience from improving critical processes in the industry? Do you enjoy developing people by coaching them?
If you answered YES to the questions above, you might be the right person to lead the EBS work for continuous improvement and lean methodology at Carbon Solutions. EBS is an integral part of Elkem's culture and the way we work, inspired by the Toyota Production System. EBS drives the behavior in the organization and fosters a culture of operational excellence, continuous improvement, and deep learning.
You will support, develop, and align our improvement competence by driving the use of EBS tools and ensuring the interaction with the corporate EBS center to improve knowledge and competence within the Carbon division plants.
You will work to improve the Operational Process control and competence through working with our plants to implement best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Develop and maintain the EBS activities to improve safety, eliminate waste, reduce lead time, improve quality and reduce costs.
- Lead, Motivate, Coach and Cooperate with all plant team members.
- Coordinate global improvement activities keeping a good communication to ensure sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Develop short and long-term plans to achieve the EBS way of working at the plants.
- Follow up, coach and provide training to plant improvement teams.
- Identify current best practices and support transfer between the carbon plants.
- Lead and support critical process improvement (CPM) development in Elkem
- Continuously improve the way we work.
Qualifications & Experience required for the position:
- Relevant education on bachelor level or higher
- 5 years of experience from process industry operations and continuous improvement
- Digital skills, including experience with use of statistical tools
- Fluency in Norwegian and English both verbal and written
We are looking for an experienced colleague who can collaborate well with people from different cultures and backgrounds. You are comfortable in the role of mentor and coach, with excellent communication and presentation skills. You will contribute actively to the team that you are part of. It is also a plus that you prefer to work in a structured and organized way. You are motivated by continuous improvement, especially identifying, and spreading best practice.
This position is part of the Elkem Carbon Solutions operations team in Kristiansand and reports to the VP Operations. The position requires travelling.
Elkem may conduct a background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Relevant candidates will be informed of this.
Elkem was established in 1904 and has over 7000 employees globally. We are a sustainability leader, providing advanced material solutions including: silicones, silicon products and carbon solutions, that help our customers deliver innovation in the areas of: electric mobility, digital communications, health and personal care as well as smarter and more sustainable cities. Elkem is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker: ELK). www.elkem.com.We are committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment where everyones contributions are valued. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds including: age, gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected status. Elkem Carbon Solutions (ECS), one of the divisions in Elkem, is the world leading supplier of carbon paste and specialty products to the ferroalloys, silicon, and aluminium industries. Elkem Carbon serves these industries from its operations in Norway, Slovakia, South Africa, Brazil, China and Malaysia, complemented by a global sales network.
- Drammensveien 169, 4621 Kristiansand S
- Industri og produksjon,
- Kjemisk industri,
- Metaller og mineraler
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør,
- Ingeniør / Materialteknologi
Lean, engineer, improvement, coaching
|Sist endret||13. sep. 2023 14:36|