NEC OncoImmunity AS is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer
- NEC ONCOIMMUNITY AS
- Machine Learning/Software engineer
Who are we?
NEC OncoImmunity AS is a bioinformatics company offering proprietary machine-learning based software that predicts immunogenic neoantigens for personalized cancer immunotherapy and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
We are dedicated to developing scalable software solutions that facilitate effective patient selection for cancer immunotherapy, and identifying optimal neoantigen targets for truly personalized cancer vaccines & cell therapies in a clinically actionable time frame.
Our growing international team (16 countries and counting!) consists of a diverse mix of data scientists, bioinformaticians, immunologists, cancer researchers, and software engineers.
NEC OncoImmunity AS is a subsidiary of the NEC Corporation, with offices in the Oslo Science Park building in Oslo, Norway.
We are looking for an experienced ML/Software engineer to strengthen our Data Science team.
In this position, you will:
- Design, develop, and implement best practice machine learning and data engineering techniques for both new and existing data processing/ML pipelines.
- Develop and improve software frameworks and their architecture that integrate with AI applications in personalized cancer and infectious diseases.
- Write clean code, perform code reviews, testing, and deployment to ship quality code to production.
- Maintain, improve and re-design existing code base.
- Bring perspective of expertise and innovation to the team.
- Collaborate with data scientists, bioinformaticians, and software and ML engineers to develop reliable and robust solutions.
- Located/willing to relocate to Oslo, Norway.
- Working remotely if located in Norway or Germany is also a possibility.
- Higher education engineering degree, e.g. IT/Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Several years of experience with building ML and ETL/ELT data pipelines.
- Several years of experience with the Python programming language and its environment.
- Experience with integrating machine learning frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Keras, scikit-learn, or similar.
- Dedicated to developing clean, maintainable, scalable and robust software.
- Experience or interest in learning about molecular biology, bioinformatics and similar fields.
- Experience with working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP is an advantage.
- Experience with GPU/TPU computation for ML/DL is an advantage.
What we offer
- An exciting working environment at the forefront of AI-driven, personalized cancer immunotherapy and infectious disease research.
- A highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- A budget for the hardware and accessories of your choice to get the work done.
- A learning budget you can spend on conferences in order to stay up to date on the latest developments in the field, as well as expand your knowledge.
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work environment.
- Social and team-building activities.
- Negotiable salary based on your level of experience.
- Responsibility and possibilities for further professional development.
How to apply
Tells us why you`re interested in working with us by clicking "Søk her". Please include your CV and application letter.
NEC OncoImmunity is a machine-learning based company providing software to empower personalized cancer immunotherapy, and infectious disease.
- Forskningsparken - Oslo Science Park Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo
- Delvis hjemmekontor
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- IT - programvare,
- Medisinsk utstyr og rekvisita
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
AI, machine learning, cancer, data science, python
|Sist endret||24. jul. 2023 10:04|