EAT Foundation is looking for an Urban Food Systems Senior Officer
- EAT Foundation
- Urban Food Systems Senior Officer
Are you passionate about sustainable food systems and urban planning? EAT Foundation is expanding its urban food systems project portfolio and is seeking an Urban Food Systems Senior Officer to join our Oslo-based dynamic and diverse team.
EAT Cities is a pillar of our work focused on driving food systems change in urban contexts. We support policy and practice development to translate EAT-Lancet science strategies into reality, through local projects such as Food Trails and FoodSHIFT, key partnerships with the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact and C40 Food Systems Network, and the developing Food Frontiers Consortium (FFC) (working title). FFC is a consortium of global organizations working to mobilize and provide cities with the robust technical and financial support needed to drive food systems transformation.
If you thrive in a collaborative environment, can work independently, and are skilled at connecting with stakeholders at all levels, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Urban Food Systems Officer will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in, contribute to and lead project functions within EAT Cities, including local-focused projects (Food Trails, FoodSHIFT, and scaling Shifting Urban Diets), global coalitions (FFC).
- Have an active leadership role in the revision of and implementation of the EAT Cities Framework, including strategic guidance internally, and development of new local and global projects and opportunities.
- Contribute to projects and expertise through content development, project materials, and communications (such as public presentations, event coordination, reports, articles, or policy briefs).
- Coordinate and attend local and international events, including material development and logistics (for example participating in or organizing workshops with partners and external participants, conference panels, events, gatherings, or webinars on project activities).
- Prepare concept notes, proposals, and slides for internal and external discussions.
- Support tracking and timely submission of deliverables according to project and grant specifications, including project reporting to funders.
- Liaise with external project and Cities partners, such as the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact, the Barcelona Challenge network, C40 Cities, and FFC.
- Support fundraising efforts related to Cities projects, including budget and grant development.
- Provide technical expertise in urban governance, planning, and food systems
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a field related to urban planning, environment and climate change, public health, public policy, or development studies, with technical depth in the food, health and sustainability nexus and an understanding of cross-disciplinary linkages
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated understanding of food systems and urban design/planning
- Experience in European urban contexts, preferably in the Nordics
- Experience in multi-partner projects, grants, and consortia
- Fluency in English required; additional languages (especially Scandinavian) are a bonus
- Proficiency in Office 365; graphic design skills a bonus
- Structured individual with project management experience
- Strong analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively at all organizational levels
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Passion for EAT’s mission and a willingness to work and travel in an international, fast-paced environment
Job function: Senior Officer
Job type: Project Position (2 year), with potential extension, Full time
In addition to being part of a global platform for fair and sustainable food systems, EAT offers a fair salary and competitive benefits package including pension, workers compensation/occupational injury and travel insurance.
All applications and inquiries regarding the position should be directed to Olav Kjørven (email@example.com) or Javad Mushtaq (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your resume and Cover Letter in English to email@example.com with “Application – Urban Food Systems Senior Officer” in the subject line.
We look forward to receiving your application.
EAT is an international non-profit organization founded by Stordalen Foundation, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Wellcome Trust, and works towards catalyzing a global food system transformation. Our vision is a fair and sustainable global food system for healthy people and planet – leaving no one behind. The organization connects and partners across science, policy, business and civil society to transform the global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships. Please visit EAT's website for more information about our organization and the work we do.
- 0158 Oslo
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Javad Mushtaq
- Olav Kjørven
|Sist endret||20. mai 2023 00:04|