- Novo Nordisk
- Sustainability Manager
Do you have a personal engagement and commitment to sustainability and would like to drive social, economic, and environmental sustainability initiatives in a fast-paced organisation? Do you also have a strong passion for communication and project management that you have used in your Public Affairs career? Would like to work in a company with a clear commitment to driving a sustainable business, fit for the future?
If yes, then we have an exciting job opportunity for you as Sustainability Manager in Novo Nordisk Norway. In this newly created role, you will be working in a dynamic business setting, with the opportunity to use your analytical and strategic mindset and translate your passion for sustainability into projects.
In this position, you will lead and develop the sustainability agenda and related projects in Novo Nordisk Norway. You will be a strong contributor to setting the strategic direction and driving initiatives for achieving our sustainability goals. In addition, you will play a key role in building long-term and value-driven relationships and public-private partnerships, with different stakeholders both external and internal ones.
As a Sustainability Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the sustainability agenda in Novo Nordisk Norway in alignment with global and regional strategy, and with special attention to the needs of the local context
- Supporting the Market Access & Public Affairs (MAPA) Director and General Manager (GM) with relevant communication material and providing recommendations in alignment with the affiliate’s values and goals
- Driving sustainability projects across the affiliate - whether it be from an economic, environmental, or social perspective
- Reporting relevant sustainability metrics and policy developments
- Delivering effective cross-functional communication to the internal and external stakeholders
About the Department
Novo Nordisk is a globally leading healthcare company, and our mission is to help people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions, such as obesity. Our commitment to driving a sustainable business has been anchored in our Articles of Association since 2003. We are determined to further accelerate in this area and recognize the urgent need to both improve access to our medicines and reduce our environmental impact. In our strategic aspirations for 2025 we have 3 focus areas; progress towards zero environmental impact, being respected for adding value to society, and being recognized as a sustainable employer.
The position is located in Novo Nordisk Norwegian affiliate with approx. 80 employees and based in Oslo, Nydalen. As the new Sustainability Manager, you will be part of the Norwegian Market Access and Public Affairs team of four, and report directly to the Market Access and Public Affairs Director. You will also work in close collaboration with the General Manager on related projects and relevant external forums.
The ideal candidate holds a Master’s degree, preferably in political science, social science, sustainability, business management, or similar, and has put this to use in Public Affairs in a Norwegian or European context.
You have a good understanding of the sustainability area and ESG (Environmental, Social & Governmental) topics and have a relevant experience within the communication field. Experience and knowledge within political processes and healthcare policy as well as the pharmaceutical industry or other relevant healthcare authorities is an advantage.
- You have a clear business mindset and excellence in making things happen
- You have solid project management skills and thrive in initiating and driving projects with a positive impact on society and our business
- You have excellent communication and presentation competencies. You are proactive and adapt action plans to maximize opportunities and effectively address challenges
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build internal and external networks
- You have a one-team approach and an “all hands on deck” mentality
Fluency in Norwegian and English, oral and written, is crucial for this role.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is its people. We know that life is anything but linear, and balancing what is important at different stages of our career is never easy. That’s why we make room for diverse life situations, always putting people first. We value our employees for the unique skills they bring to the table, and we work continuously to bring out the best in them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 50,000 employees. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life-changing.
For further information please contact Market Access & Public Affairs Director, Tor Frostelid +47 91185603.
Apply before the 16 April 2023
Are you interested in this opportunity? We look forward to your online application before the application deadline. Please include your CV and cover letter in English.
We invite you to not hesitate and apply soon as we reserve the right to close this vacancy for further applications when we have received sufficient applications that meet the requirements.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
- Nydalsveien 28, 0484 Oslo
- Farmasi og legemiddel
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Tor Egil Frostelid
- Market Access & Public Affairs Director
- 911 85 603
Nydalsveien 28, 0484 Oslo
|Sist endret||10. mai 2023 15:12|