Join us in taking the next steps in space based surveillance and communication!
- Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace - Space & Surveillance
- Space Systems Engineer
Do you want to develop small satellite systems for surveillance and communication?
Do you want be a part of providing space based services supporting Norwegian national interests?
KONGSBERG is taking on new endeavors within the space domain and is looking for a space systems engineer being a part of a team taking the next steps in space based surveillance and communication.
We are looking for a space systems engineer for our satellite development projects, preferably with experience from systems engineering on projects targeting space-based surveillance and/or communication. Knowledge within space systems is highly wanted, but the position also gives exciting opportunities for candidates with the right backgrounds to gain valuable experience within the field of space and surveillance in one of Norways largest space companies.
The Space and Surveillance division at Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience within the space business and delivers a broad spectrum of equipment, systems and services related to space and maritime surveillance customers in more than 40 countries.
The SmallSat program designs and develops several microsatellite (50-250 kg) constellations, integrating several highly advanced payloads and capabilities, to provide national and international customers with satellite-based maritime surveillance and communication services. The team develops the satellites, the payloads, performs the production, assembly, integration and full-scale testing, develops the ground segment, the mission planning, conducts the launch campaigns and coordinates the satellite operations.
Who are you?
You are a proactive person with a sociable and positive attitude. You find creative and efficient ways to solve difficult tasks, and collaborate well with others. Not only do you make things happen on your own initiative, but you are structured, systematic and have great communication skills. You enjoy sharing your knowledge, experience, and you eagerly support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Experience from space systems engineering
- Bachelor or masters degree in engineering. Other relevant studies, courses or experience can weigh up for lack of formal education
- Any technical background or skills within space systems will be preferred
- Experience with mission planning is advantageous
- Experience with AIT (Assembly, Integration, Testing) is advantageous
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
What's in it for you?
- Great colleagues in a social including work environment.
- STARS social club and own welfare program for young employees
- Exciting work in an international Space environment
- Competitive benefits with good pension and insurance schemes
- A safe workplace in a growing and well-established company
- Welfare schemes with own fitness centre, cabin rental and much more
- Possibility for flexible working
Candidates who apply for the position will, in connection with the recruitment process, be subject for a background check, and assessment of this will be used as a basis for candidate selection. To be a current candidate for the position, you must be able to obtain a Security Clearance in Norway and authorized in accordance to The Security Act.
For over 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
- Bergmannsveien 241, 3616 Kongsberg
- Delvis hjemmekontor
- Forsvar og militær,
- Industri og produksjon
- Teknisk personell,
- Mekanikk og installasjon
space, SE, Engineer, Satellite, kongsberg
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Christina Aas
- 994 59 128
Bergmannsveien 241, 3616 Kongsberg
|Sist endret||22. mar. 2023 15:00|