Senior Advisor Social and Human Rights
- Statkraft AS
- Senior Advisor Social and Human Rights
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That is what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we do not see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. Renew the way the world is powered. With us, you will shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there is more work to be done – that is why we encourage you to join!
Sustainability is at the core of what we do and what we stand for. We seek to balance considerations for climate, society and the environment. Proactively meeting and navigating the continuously evolving standards for sustainable development in all parts of the organization and projects is central to our success. Increasing our understanding on how our operations affect social and human rights is essential. Therefore we are looking for a Senior Advisor Social and Human rights to join our Sustainability team in the Nordics business area.
When it comes to sustainability and human rights our approach is to be proactive and help set the standard. Done well, sustainability is pivotal to our commercial success.
You have a keen interest in working with sustainability topics in the renewable sector and the wider area of the green transition, including a passion for developing the social and human rights agenda for renewable energy projects. This is a great opportunity to take a central role in an exciting renewable company with a high growth ambition.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and implement social and human rights initiatives which align with our goals and ambitions
- Facilitate human rights due diligence activities, including conducting risk and impact assessments and developing action plans for projects and asset portfolios
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that social and human rights considerations are integrated into all aspects of our business, including project development, procurement and operations.
- Provide training and advice to project teams and asset owners on salient human rights issues such as community and stakeholder dialogue, labor rights on construction sites and in the supply chain
- Contribute to the reporting and communication of social and human rights performance by preparing data, reports, and case studies
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to advance social and human rights objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social sciences, human rights, labor law or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a commercial organization
- Good knowledge of social and human rights guidelines and sustainability frameworks such as OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement social and human rights programs and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably good command of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- An opportunity to influence the framework conditions for renewable energy and contributing to a greener society
- Professional and personal development in an exciting global company
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organization
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave, and work life balance principles
- Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation and background checks will be conducted before hire.
The position will be located at Lilleaker, Oslo.
For further information please contact Kristine Løfqvist Kjeaas, VP Sustainability, at +47 95247018.
To apply, please submit your CV and application as soon as possible as we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and latest within 16th of April.
- LILLEAKERVEIEN 6 A, 0283 Oslo
- Kraft og energi
- HR, personal og rekruttering
LILLEAKERVEIEN 6 A, 0283 Oslo
|Sist endret||20. mar. 2023 09:14|