Spaceport Quality Assurance Officer
- Andøya Space
- Spaceport Quality Assurance Officer
Andøya Spaceport is currently building what we believe will become Europe’s first mainland launch site for small launch vehicles (SSLVs). The first out of four launch pads will be finalized in 2023 to allow for a maiden launch of ISAR Aerospace’s Spectrum launcher.
The Operations Department is responsible for preparing for and conducting ground and launch operations at Andøya Spaceport in accordance with established regulations and best safety practices. To reach operational readiness and prepare for increasing cadence, we seek candidates with relevant experience and motivation to join the dynamic team.
As Quality Assurance Officer you will be part of the Spaceport operations team. Your tasks will be focused around:
- Assuring coherent processes for establishment and configuration management of procedures and other operational documents
- Preparing processes for contingency management and non-conformance handling
- Organizing and documenting reviews and quality meetings necessary for reaching operational readiness
- Participate and lead internal audits
- Lead improvement processes to reduce the risk of non-conformities
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation in launch operations.
During spaceport operations you will be part of the operational team and report to the Director of Launch Operations (DLO). You will also work in close collaboration and report to the Spaceport Quality Manager.
You should have a master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering or science discipline, with proven experience in quality assurance. Experience from the operational domain would be an asset.
This is an ambitious project in a rapidly evolving new space environment; we seek candidates with analytical, initiative, independence, flexibility, and willingness to take responsibility. The position will be located on Andøya.
- Establish routines to perform Quality assurance of the execution of operational processes and procedures within relevant domains
- Prepare, support, and participate in operational readiness review, Range/Launch Readiness Reviews, etc.
- Support systems procurement with operational input and specifications.
- Help develop and conduct training sessions
- Participate in establishment and evaluation of safety assessments and processes
- Prepare and manage relevant documentation in dialogue with licensing authorities Support integration of new clients and launch vehicles into the spaceport
- University degree on master’s level in engineering, science or equivalent
- Experience from space industry, in space systems engineering, launcher or ground systems technology and operations would be an asset.
- Experience from operational environments, e.g., launch ranges, aviation, oil and gas industry and mechanical industry is beneficial
- Experience in / focus on safety in hazardous environments Fluent in written and oral English is a must, and working proficiency in Norwegian is beneficial
- Structured and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A good advocate for safety and passionate about creating a sound safety culture
- Co-operative and willing to assist on a wide topic of tasks
- Enthusiastic about working in a new space-environment and supporting of the development of Andøya Space
The candidate must be eligible to obtain a Norwegian security clearance
We offerThe position is located at Andøya in a growing, international working environment. Pay will be negotiated upon hire, good pensions and welfare schemes, good staff insurance and social benefits. Working hours are flexible. We cover expenses related to moving costs.
Andøya Space is a Norwegian aerospace company. We enable scientists to explore Earth’s atmosphere with sounding rockets, balloons, unmanned aircraft and advanced ground-based instrumentation. We enable engineers to test new aerospace and defense related technology. We educate and inspire the next generation scientists and engineers. We are now working to establish Norway’s - and Europe’s - launch facility for small satellites.
- Bleiksveien 46 og/eller Nordmela, 8480 Andenes
- Konsulent og rådgivning
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Birgit Vildalen
- Quality Manager Spaceport
- 905 15 191
Bleiksveien 46 og/eller Nordmela, 8480 Andenes
|Sist endret||2. feb. 2023 07:48|