Vice President Communication
- Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS
- Vice President Communication
What we deliver must contribute to ensure life. Our main target is to develop solutions that work in very demanding situations. That is why our people and products must be world class. Through innovation and development, we create technology that will keep the world safe.
Join us, secure a safer tomorrow.
We are looking for a dedicated Vice President (VP) Communication to join our team. The VP Communication will lead the Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace communication team, support our internal and external communication, define Kongsberg Defence & Aerospaces communication strategy, write and disseminate press releases and publicity material, respond to inquiries from the media, coordinate promotional events and support professional communication within the company.
Serving as integral support of the senior management team, the VP Communication will be responsible for further develop Kongsberg Defence and Aerospaces communication strategy and will contribute to its strategic planning process. VP Communication will be reporting to the Executive Vice President Business Development.
Together with the communication team, the VP Communication will develop world-class communication campaigns, directly managing activities that promote, enhance, and maintain the companys brand and reputation. The VP Communication will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communication activities reflecting the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with media and press, strategic partners and customers.
Below we have listed some of the important aspects of this job and the qualities that we seek in our new VP Communication. All which will happen in a highly competent and social work environment, in a company that is in continuous growth and development. Our workplace is flexible although the primary location for this role is in Kongsberg.
- Oversee the day-to-day communication activities including prioritizing, budgeting, planning and team development
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions to promote the organization
- Support development of media and press opportunities, prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage media and press relationships to ensure positive coverage of Kongsberg Defence and Aerospace
- Oversee input to the Corporate annual report, marketing material and web-based communication including Kongsberg Defence & Aerospaces website and social media channels
- Support internal communication activities, webinars, and all-hands meetings as needed
- Serve as a communication adviser for Kongsberg Defence & Aerospaces leadership and management
- Manage a communication team supporting the development and execution of the communication strategy
- Promote a culture of high trust, high performance and continuous improvement
- Personal follow up of each team member and their personal development goals, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Preferably a Masters degree in communication, journalism or related fields
- Experience from working and influencing in large complex organizations
- Extensive writing and editing experience (externally focused), print and digital, in both English and Norwegian
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing strategic communication, media relations, and marketing initiatives to achieve company goals
- A minimum of five years experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters,
- press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- Experience in building, mentoring, and leading a team of communication specialists
- Strong management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Ability to work systematically and methodically
- Networking abilities and a will to build successful relationships and teams, share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future communication needs
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills in both English and Norwegian
The position requires that you can obtain a Norwegian Security Clearance. As part of the process we will run a background check that will be used the in candidate selection.
For over 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
- Kirkegårdsveien 45, 3616 Kongsberg
- Delvis hjemmekontor
- Forsvar og militær,
- Industri og produksjon
|Sist endret||25. jan. 2023 12:41|