Head of Head Office HR Unit
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Head of Head Office HR Unit
Are you an inclusive leader who is motivated by building meaningful relations and delivering results with proven experience from HR management roles in the Norwegian context? We are looking for you!
NRC is an independent international humanitarian organization, with Head Office in Oslo, Norway, working for people displaced by crises in more than 40 countries across the world. NRC has a global workforce of approximately 11000 directly employed staff, including 550 international staff, 300 Head Office staff in Norway and 100 staff in our representation offices. In addition, NRC has approximately 5000 contingency workers and is the direct employer of a substantial number of NORCAP experts on short-term assignments across the world.
The NRC Head Office HR Unit is part of the wider HR community that provides a full range of HR development and operational support to staff and managers based in the Oslo Head Office and our Representation Offices. The Head Office HR Unit ensures the implementation of global HR strategies, as they apply to Head Office and Representation Offices, and has responsibility for the facilities management and administration of the Head Office premises. The unit includes HR Advisers, an Office Manager, administrative staff and front desk staff. The position holder reports to the Global HR Director and forms part of the HR Management team.
Come join us!
What you will do:
Some of your responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of effective and professional HR services to Head Office managers and staff.
- Lead the cooperation between union representatives and managers to strengthen and ensure staff development, retention, a healthy work environment, compensation & benefits and incentive systems for NRC Head Office staff.
- Responsible for facilitation and implementation of organisational change projects at NRC Head Office.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of the Unit’s plans, strategy, budgets, and projects in line with NRC strategic objectives and Global HR priorities.
- Ensure compliance with Norwegian labour legislation.
- Active involvement in and contribution to discussions and projects of Global HR as part of the Global HR Management Team.
- Ensure the effective running and development of the NRC’s Head Office premises.
Some of your specific responsibilities include;
- Ensure development, improvements, and streamlining of HR processes and systems at NRC Head Office in line with Global HR practices.
- Contribute to strategic HR projects related to global mobility, reward, leadership development, processes, systems, and tools.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the current HO HR Manual, HR policies, and the salary adjustment process.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a manager in a complex organization.
- Proven expertise as HR generalist with professional expertise in a range of HR disciplines, including recruitment, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning & development, and staff care.
- Solid understanding of Norwegian Labour Law and experience in employee relations and working with trade unions.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English and Norwegian languages, both written and verbal.
- Ideally some knowledge and experience of facilities management
- Knowledge of the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge and experience in change management processes
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee;
- A chance to provide operational management and development of HR and facilities and services at the Head Office, manage Head Office HR staff, and control the unit’s budgets.
- A permanent full-time contract with Oslo, Norway as your main duty station.
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions in Oslo, Norway.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other the members of our NRC family.
We are happy about early applicants.
For any questions please write to email@example.com with the "Job Title" as a subject
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. Our backgrounds vary greatly, but we all share the same drive: to get the job done. With operations in over 30 countries, NRC employs a wide range of professionals. Our impact is profound. We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We work in both new and protracted crises across 33 countries and specialise in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene. We stand up for people forced to flee and are a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people's rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena.
- Prinsensgt 2 Oslo, 0150 Oslo
- Delvis hjemmekontor
- HR, personal og rekruttering
Are you an inclusive leader who is motivated by building meaningful relations and delivering results with proven experience from HR management roles in the Norwegian context?
|Sist endret||25. jan. 2023 11:30|