- Neptune Energy
- Hydrocarbon Accountant
NEPTUNE ENERGY IS AN INDEPENDENT ENERGY COMPANY WITH OPERATIONS IN EUROPE, NORTH AFRICA AND ASIA PACIFIC.
Neptune Energy is uniquely positioned for the energy transition. We aim to go beyond net zero by storing more carbon than we, and our customers, emit by 2030. Our vision is to be the leading E&P company by meeting society's changing energy needs and creating value for our stakeholders. We provide secure supplies of energy with a differentiated portfolio that is gas-weighted, long life, low cost and lower carbon.
Established in 2018, we now employ some 1,300 people in the UK, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia and Australia. Our values of excellence in health, safety and the environment, accountability, integrity and teamwork are a core component of our business and help guide our actions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from qualified and eligible candidates regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the countries where we operate.
Neptune has a set of fundamental values that guide our people and the way we grow our business sustainably: Excellence in HSEQ, Integrity, Individual Accountability and Teamwork. Our Group structure is designed to support these values - it centralises responsibilities and distributes decision-making. With these values at the heart of how we operate, we deliver growth by:
Running our assets and driving our production in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner;
Developing our exploration projects to ensure healthy reserves replacement;
Integrating past acquisitions successfully and high-grading our portfolio of activities;
Considering additional M&A activities if these are value-accretive;
Driving an entrepreneurial culture without compromising integrity or safety in anything we do.
Neptune Energy's culture is centred around HSEQ, entrepreneurship, efficiency and value, attracting top E&P industry talent and creating an environment where our employees can flourish.
HSEQ is valued above all else and we are strongly committed to achieving best-in-class HSEQ standards, ensuring continued safe, reliable operations across all the whole organisation. The environment is a key consideration and Neptune Energy is committed to environmentally responsible operations, energy efficiency and transition to a low carbon future.
For our Hydrocarbon Management department, we are looking for a candidate to fulfil the position of
Location: Sandnes, Norway or Den Haag, The Netherlands
The Hydrocarbon (Revenue) Accountant represents the interface between commercial/technical disciplines and the Finance function. The person is responsible for a holistic and consistent approach of reporting, allocating and forecasting revenues and costs related with the hydrocarbon streams. Due to Neptune's international footprint, working with revenue/tariff streams from multiple countries makes this position challenging and diverse.
The person will be required to potentially work with little supervision and may be required to support hydrocarbon accounting activities in other locations.
Reports to: Head of Hydrocarbon Management
Main duties and responsibilities
Production and Sales:
- Collate, analyse and report actual/forecasted production/sales in cooperation with technical teams.
- Collate, analyse and report production/sales volumes for performance management, statutory reporting and external communication.
- Perform variance analysis and resolve queries on production/sales volumes/revenues, achieved price and transportation tariffs.
- Prepare Country production volume analysis to be reviewed by the Head of Hydrocarbon Management for Group wide stakeholders and input into key internal and external reports on volumes and revenue.
- Invoice or check invoices for gas, oil, LNG and NGL sales.
- Create ad hoc reports/analysis on revenues, tariffs and production as required.
- Establish assumptions on volume, transportation costs and sales revenues for the yearly/multiyear budgets.
- Ensure quality of volume data and provide suggestions and improvements to allocation and reporting procedures as necessary.
- Maintain, update and quality control sales information (volumes and contracts) in the relevant IT systems.
- Reporting to authorities: REMIT reporting, CVA's, Sales reporting etc.
Transportation and Processing:
- Forecasting/modelling of transportation costs and income. Review and update tariff formulas/models.
- Verify volumes and price of transportation and processing tariff invoices in accordance with the relevant commercial agreement.
- Review annual reconciliations and make-up or carry forward positions.
- Prepare or check invoices for capacity sales/payments.
Required qualifications and experience
- Previous experience with volume reporting, stock accounting, sales and invoicing of oil & gas streams, or similar products, is a requirement.
- Relevant bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- 3-5 years experience, preferably as financial controller or accountant working in a multi-currency organization.
- Preferably 3-5 years' experience in oil and gas business.
- Use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the work and activities for which the job is providing support.
- Ability to communicate and understand technical specialists and relay the information to others in an understandable way.
- Strong service orientation and project management skills.
- Very good listening and communication skills.
- Fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
In Neptune we are looking for team members who:
- Act with humility, promote inclusivity and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Seek out ways to collaborate and promote a culture of shared learning and knowledge in order to maximise value
- Seek opportunities for positive change and continuous improvement
- Are not afraid to push boundaries and challenge conventional wisdom and established truths
- Can adapt and act quickly in the face of changing situations
- Understand and anticipate stakeholder needs and use this insight to shape actions and decisions appropriately
- Hold themselves and others to account for their contribution and performance
- Show an unwavering commitment to safety, and have high standards of personal integrity
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Neptune we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What we offer:
At Neptune we are committed to supporting everyone to learn, develop and gain new experiences. We have an open culture, so it is easy to make your voice heard and have a say in our future and your own development.
The work we do is challenging, stimulating and complex; you will be empowered to play a direct part and will be able to see the impact of your role.
We work in a highly collaborative way, so you will interface frequently with colleagues outside of your direct team, and at all levels of the organisation.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Information and application
We are looking forward to your application!
For further information on the job content, please contact Philip Chan, Head of Hydrocarbon Management at email@example.com.
Please be informed that an assessment and reference check can be part of the recruitment procedure.
- Vestre Svanholmen, 4313 Sandnes
- Olje og gass
- Økonomi og regnskap / Controller
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Aina Østrått
- Lead HR Business Partner
- Philip Chan
- Head of Hydrocarbon Management
Vestre Svanholmen, 4313 Sandnes
|Sist endret||25. jan. 2023 10:12|